Really Scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Really Scared Really Scared

Unread 09-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Really Scared

To be honest, I am getting really scared. My surgery date is the 7th of October. I had an ablation on the 9th of June. Needless to say it didn't work as it should. The pain has increased to a whole different level. It is horrible. I spend my days (with out pain control) balled up in bed balled up tossing and turning. I know that this a means to an end- to the pain. My journey started two years ago with a miscarriage which has led up to this. Each day I inch closer to the date and I am terrified to the day at the castle. I am to check in at 5am and the surgery is at 730a. Please if I could get some encouraging words that would ease my anxiety of the whole process. SOOO SCARED......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Re: Really Scared

Sweetie, I know this is so difficult. I am so sorry about your miscarriage. It is devastating when that happens. (((HUGS)))

It is normal to be scared of surgery, and of this surgery in particular. You are loosing an important part of you, and it is difficult to let go - even if you are in pain. But, you are doing this for your health, and for a better life. It is not good to be in constant pain. They will take good care of you in the hospital.

There are many wonderful women on this site who have experienced the same thing you are going through right now. You are not alone! We are all here for you and we will help you through this.

Unread 09-27-2011, 09:53 PM

me too! I had a thermal a year ago in Sept 2010. I thought it had cured all that ailed me. It did...for a year. In Aug I started having daily cramps. After 2 weeks I went to Dr's and she said I could wait awhile and see if the ibroid would shrink as I went thru menopause, or have a hysterectomy. I said wait. Two more weeks of daily pain and then I started bleeding again. I called her and said Let's do it.

Then I started my emotional roller coaster. I was scared, I was sad, I was depressed..then I found this site.

Knowledge is power. I now and looking forward to the surgery and getting some relief from all these issues.

Hang in there. There are a lot of awesome very supportive people on here that will help you on this journey. DOn't be afraid to ask questions! Here there are a lot of answers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2011, 09:57 PM

Hey Hon, I know you are scared. Its a major surgery and a scary thing no matter what anyone says. But you will be great. Just remember to take things slow. Ask all the questions you can and want regardless of your doctors and nurses before and after. Take all the help you can get.

The most important thing that my doctor told me was to not forget that just because I had little incisions (laproscopic with vaginal asst. total hysterectomy) that its still a big surgery and to give myself time and TAKE THINGS SLOW!

Just breath, talk as much as you need to about it, and remember we are all here for you! You are obviously one strong gal and can do this! (((((((HUG-A-ROOS)))))))
Unread 09-27-2011, 11:04 PM

I completely understand you because I am having a Hysteroctomy on Oct 13th. I am completely scared and I have cried several times in the last week. I had two miscarriages prior to this upcoming surgery so I understand that issue also. I will be praying for you and stay positive. We have to stick together so that we will be strong afterwards. We can do this!!!!! =)
Unread 09-28-2011, 12:23 AM

It's totally normal and OK to be scared. To not be apprehensive would be weird. I had my hysterectomy 6 weeks ago....and found the support of all the friends on here a huge help. Everyone on here totally understands your fears, what you've been through, up to now...and the road you're traveling. We've all had so much happen to us to get to this point and life on the "other side" is wonderful. My doctor told me the other day that as women we tend to "put up with a lot" related to female troubles. He said we accept so much as "being normal"....when being pain free is far more normal. Follow your doctor's instructions to the letter. We each have different situations during surgery....so our doctors will tell us things relative to our actual procedures....but your fellow Princesses are here to bring you comfort when scared, hurting or sad. We've felt what you've felt. The best advice I got was being sure to have comfy "granny panties" and have lots of wonderful soft pillows available. I used lots of pillows until a week or two ago.... they are a must! With all you have been through already....you will be surprised how much easier this is than you expect.
Most important - stay in touch with the princesses on this site. We are here for you! We understand!!!
Unread 09-28-2011, 12:48 AM

Thank you all for your support. I am only 32 so this is a whole new world to me, just two years ago we were possibly planning on having another after the miscarriage. Well, it didn't happen. The roller coaster begun. The pain is unbelievable and knowing that there is a means to an end is the most encouraging part of it. The leading up to is the hardest part of it, at this point. Last week at the DR's office during an exam she said that she felt something on the left side that wasn't there before. I am not truly worried about it, neither is she. Her attitude is that we will take it out and go from there. I am relying on the same attitude. I loath hospital stays, especially at the one I am going to. My worst fear is that I will be in the same room with someone who is worst off than I am. Being that I have a nurturing nature, I would worry about the other person rather than my own healing. Just all of the "What if's", is my main concern. Plus, the recovery room always is the worst part. I really dislike the shakes after anesthesia. I get them each time, ugh. Hopefully it won't be like last time and I can just relax and not have to worry about anything else besides getting better.
Unread 09-28-2011, 09:47 AM

Calisister, we are having surgery the same day! I was supposed to have it yesterday but had to reschedule because my insurance hadn't approved it yet. If you're nervous about the anesthesia, have you asked about having a spinal with sedation instead if being put under? That's what I'm having. I'm so glad I won't have the tube down my throat, they always pinch my lip in it and I wake up with a fat lip! The 7th honestly cannot come fast enough for me. I also have a uterine prolapse, cystocele and rectocele. I take pain meds everyday and I'm just so ready to get this over and done with! If you need someone to talk to I'm never too far from my computer!
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:12 AM

I'm on the 7th ! Can't wait to end day pain !
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:39 AM

I know we are all different, and I admit I was afraid too.

I am so HAPPY I had my hysterectomy. I hope you will be too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register