Pre op Today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Pre op Today

Pre op is today this afternoon. My gyn is probly going to be overwelmed as I have about 1 page front and back with questions. LOL. But I need to get these answered. Right?

Can anyone think of anything last minute I should be asking?

My lavh is scheduled for Monday.
I think today is the day I need to tell gyn if I am keeping ovaries or not. And I am still up in the air kind of. I thought I had made the decision but the gyn kept saying something like I will have no pain if ovaries come out. I don't know why she is saying that. Well she said If I was doing the hysto for pain, which is one reason, main reason besides adenomyosis and endo, that I should take ovaries out. What do ovaries have to do with pain? I know my left one used to cause sharp pains. but it hasn't really lately. Am I in denial. Can I keep one ovarie and not have to do hrt? OR less possibibilit to?

Guess I don't have all questions written down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Re: Pre op Today

Absolutely Right!
It is your body and you need all your questions answered. I make a list no matter what medical visit I may have, I may forget something and most Drs. are in a rush to get through the visit.

Find out the pros & cons of removing your Ovaries if that is you want. Just be comfortable with whatever decision you make.

I was post menopausal when I had my hysterectomy, so ovaries were not an issue. But what I can say is that I have now taken the fear of ovarian cancer away.

Good luck and a speedy recovery.
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:44 AM

My doctor didn't want to take my ovaries because I'm only 35 and she didn't want to throw me into menopause, and after having a Lupron shot and experiencing hot flashes, I really don't want that either. However, my right ovary is constantly causing me pain so our plan is to take the right and leave the left. I hope you feel confident with whatever decision you make. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2011, 06:23 PM

Julzav28-
DO you know, if i keep one ovary and take out one, would we still have to do hrt with only one ovarie? Or will we still not be in menopause with one ovarie?
I left still undecided.
Unread 09-28-2011, 08:29 PM

I know women who only have one ovary and do not take HRT! Your Dr. is the best one to answer that for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register