Having hyster Oct13th ---> I'm just 25 yrs old :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having hyster Oct13th ---> I'm just 25 yrs old :( Having hyster Oct13th ---> I'm just 25 yrs old :(

Unread 09-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Having hyster Oct13th ---> I'm just 25 yrs old :(

Hi everyone! I found this website and am very happy to see this kind of website. I am 25 years old and found out last Friday that I will be having a laparoscopy hysteroctomy (keeping my ovaries) in 3 weeks... I have been blessed with 3 kids so I thank god for that. But I did cry the first and second day I found this out. I am married and my husband is very support. I am very nervous regarding a lot of websites talking about lost of all sex drive and decrease of sexual activity.. I think that is what I am the most scared of..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Re: Having hyster Oct13th ---> I'm just 25 yrs old :(

Try not to sweat the sex stuff. While it is true that some women have issues after hysterectomy, it is not the case for all of us. I had everything removed...ovaries, cervix...everything and I have NEVER had such a wonderful sex life. Mine has improved so much since my surgery!!!

I wish you the best of luck in your upcoming surgery and hope everything works out well for you. Keep positive thoughts and take it one day at a time!!
Unread 09-28-2011, 04:39 PM

yeah, you are young but just think that you do not have to go thru years and years of pain before making the choice. I wish 10 years ago I would have done something instead of suffering on and off for those years...

I have heard a lot of women have had good sex lives after surgery. My sister has a healthy sex life and she is 10 years post surgery...

Good luck and prayers for a easy surgery and quick recovery...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2011, 05:01 PM

You are in my prayers. I'm 6 weeks out, and my sex drive is on fire and I wake up in some amazing dreams. Not healed yet enough to go back to sex, but Hystersisters have been a great source of support and I look forward to seeing how great it is going to be. I'm sorry you are so young, but glad you have 3 amazing children. I would have loved to have had my hyster at 25, It would have saved me 18 years of pain and I believe a much better sex life. God bless you
Unread 09-28-2011, 05:04 PM

I am 25 also and my surgery is October 14th. One day behind you. It is good to see someone my age. I'll be thinking about you on the 13th :-)
Unread 09-28-2011, 08:37 PM

Thanks everyone for the prayers and encouragement. My surgery was moved back 1 day today so now I will be having it on Oct 14th. I have had 4 surgeries every year since I was 16 yrs old for mass, endo, scar tissue, miscarriages, etc so I could not image going any longer without this surgery. You ladies are strong to have put up with the pain for so long! Thanks for the support!
Unread 09-28-2011, 08:46 PM

Good Luck!
I am glad that you have had children.
It is still going to be a little tough after the surgery with the little ones.
Have you arranged some help?
Unread 09-28-2011, 09:35 PM

Oh yes lots of help. LOL I have scheduled my surgery while my kids are on fall break from elementary school so my mom is taking them on vacation so I have a week of no kids. Kind of upset about that because I will miss them but need the time to relax and heal. My husband is use to helping out since I have a surgery every 3-4 months, but nothing that puts me down this long. So I have him, my mom, his mom and my aunt that all have requested time with my kids. My family fights over my children so I guess I am lucky. I have one in 1st grade, one in kindergarden and one that is 14 months.
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:34 PM

Good for you.
I wish you a speedy recovery.
Unread 09-29-2011, 10:06 AM

Thank you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register