I feel useless and need some encouragement | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I feel useless and need some encouragement I feel useless and need some encouragement

Unread 09-28-2011, 11:10 AM
I feel useless and need some encouragement

I am scheduled for a LSH with one ovary removed on Oct 5 th. On Monday, I started my period "normally" for the first time in months. I had a flicker of doubt about surgery. Then last night (tues), we had to rush out odd a restaurant because I was flooding. Then the horrible pain and cramps came. Hubby put boys to bed. Then this morning more horrible flooding, clots, cramps, and dizziness. On the couch, feeling horrible and absolutely useless. I had to call hubby to pick the boys up from school.
I have so much I want to do before my hysterectomy, plus just the regular stuff from now until then. This stinks. Ugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2011, 11:15 AM
I feel useless and need some encouragement

It does get better. Have faith. a better life is awaiting you. I was in your shoes and am 2 weeks post op. I am getting stronger everyday. We are here for you. Please use this website to vent and get answers. We do not judge anyone. We are sisters.
Unread 09-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Re: I feel useless and need some encouragement

But just think, this is the LAST time you will go through this. You can do this. Just think about how much better your life is going to get.

You are most certainly NOT useless. Just because you need to ask for extra help from your husband doesn't mean you are useless. I think we've all been in your situation..heck, I'm there now! Just wanted you to know that I totally know how you feel. You will be okay. Try to think ahead to how much better your life is going to be.

Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2011, 11:57 AM

I am one week post op. Right before surgery i started doubting my descion but today at one week post op I am so glad I did it. The pain I have experienced post op was nothing like I had before and I also know the little pain I have will go away as I heal. Don't give up hope you will feel better after the fact just stick in there and remember we are here for you.
Unread 09-28-2011, 12:12 PM

Four months out of surgery here and the biggest relieve is not having periods anymore!
They went from bad to worst the last couple of years.
What you say, flooding, dizzy, on the sofa, not able to do things you want/need to do. That will be over!
Hang in there.
Unread 09-28-2011, 12:53 PM

I too got my period right before my surgery and it kept me from getting alot done. Don't stress about it, do only what you can do; the rest can wait until your recovered blessings!
Unread 09-28-2011, 02:01 PM

I feel the same way....
my life is reduced down to the phrases "don't feel good" or "Can't the cramps are bad"....

I even broke down with my hubby the other day saying that I feel so useless....

I know that this feeling is only temp... and I will feel better after my surgery...

You will feel way better too...
Hang in there. Not too much longer for you...
Unread 09-28-2011, 05:52 PM

Tcherdawn,
My last period (thank the Lord) started last Monday and to boot I came down with a really bad head cold - two weeks before my surgery date and if there was ever any doubt about not deciding to have a hysterectomy, that doubt was eliminated that very same day. Not being able to take even ibuprofen & trying to stop killer cramps with Tylenol on top of my head feeling like a 20 pound bowling ball is sooo not the business!! I have experienced a gamut of emotions (excitement, nervousness, anxiety, stress, panic, fear, etc.) and let me tell you I am more than ready for surgery.. BRING IT ON! I am focusing on a positive recovery. The sisters are right.. dont stress about it. Do what you can.You are not useless! I didnt get half the stuff done on my "to do" list due to being sick and my period starting but I did what I could. Best of luck to you on your surgery!!
Unread 10-02-2011, 08:37 AM

Thanks Gals. I was really having a pity party for myself. Yikes. Thank you for the encouragement and support. I badly needed it. I do feel better today, as I have only 3 days until surgery. So I am excited to be on to the next chapter in my life, recovery then Freedom! Thanks sisters. I don't have anyone else to talk to about this that knows what I am going through!
Unread 10-02-2011, 09:03 AM

I was hoping I wasn't in need of a different kind of Dr because I can't wait to have surgery. I know the "don't feel like it " phrase so well and so many things I don't get done on a regular basis because I just don't have the energy. I won't miss the afraid to move because of flooding. I won't miss the feeling like poop..I won't miss the planning family plans and vacations because you don't know when you are gonna be flooding, cramping and tired!!! No since feeling useless because I have found that the DH doesn't know how to feel either and I know my hubby is looking forward to it too. They want you to feel normal again too... I feel bad when he wants to go riding and I tell him no I just don't feel like it....good luck!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register