ok pre op done, but now confused on ovaries still | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ok pre op done, but now confused on ovaries still ok pre op done, but now confused on ovaries still

Unread 09-28-2011, 06:02 PM
ok pre op done, but now confused on ovaries still

I just got pre op done. I get to eat all day prior and just do an enema night before. Wew.

But still undecided about ovaries. She is very adement about taking ovaries would help with pain. But I am only 29 and do not want to do hrt.

Can't some hrt cause depression? Other problems?
Doesn't hrt maybe cause problems in sex life?
Another reason I am thinking of keeping ovaries is cause I am on state insurance becuase I am broke right now. Once I start working I won't have insurance and most jobs out here do not offer, and i can't afford insurance. So I am thinking is hrt expensive? How would I get it If I need it later on?
I have till Monday morning to decide.Thats when Lavh is at 930am.
Can I get rid of one and keep one with out having to take hrt as long as my ovarie works? HELP. She pushed me through the door, I litterally had three pages of questions but all good ones.
She said if the hysto if for endo, which one reason is and pain then i should get rid of ovaries. Please share your experiences

Also, she is telling me not to be on rest at all. To cook dinner. And that I will be on vicodin in hospital. this does not sound right. I had a lap in june and had to have heavy meds. I am freaking out she will be one of those docs that think we don't need pain meds. I am in exteme pain right now, Have been using vicodin daily and trying not to go to er. I am in such bad pain I need to. But vicodin is not even touching my pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Re: ok pre op done, but now confused on ovaries still

I'm not sure about your questions because I haven't had your particular procedure, but I would suggest talking to the doctor and getting the answers to your questions and concerns!

As far as not to be on rest at all....I would think your body would need to recoup! But again talk to your doctor.
Unread 09-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Re: ok pre op done, but now confused on ovaries still

It sounds like you should be looking at a second opinion. If you go post in the endo forum, you will learn that removing ovaries does not cure endo. As well, if you aren't comfortable with your surgeon, the relationship is not going to get better after surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register