Lav 08-04-11! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lav 08-04-11! Lav 08-04-11!

Unread 09-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Lav 08-04-11!

okay - it's definite finally! surgery 7 am on the 4th! i'm so happy!!!

but now the nerves are setting in. trying to get my office prepped for my absence. trying to get my son all set with work and school, getting my apt in order.

then thinking about day of! oh my! when does the mind stop working????? probably not until i'm under, huh?

have my list of things to take with me. just gotta make my list of things to have at home for when i get back here. crazy, busy life right now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Re: Lav 08-04-11!

Do you mean 10-4-11? Wishing you the best!! Im working my way through the to-do's too! Good luck getting everything taken care of!!
Unread 09-29-2011, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbid View Post
Do you mean 10-4-11? Wishing you the best!! Im working my way through the to-do's too! Good luck getting everything taken care of!!
oops! yes! sorry about that! it is 10/04/11!!! and i can't fix the date. LOL

good luck to you, too!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2011, 06:38 AM

LOL - I figured you were just REALLY excited. I actually got up and checked my calendar just to make sure it actually was September. Lol. It'll be a whirlwind week getting ready!
Unread 09-29-2011, 06:48 AM

omg it will be! trying to get everyone all set.

and now - i MIGHT be getting sick! hoping it's just cuz i'm run down. i've been super stressed the past few days, getting all this set up. starting taking airborne this morning. that usually kicks most of my stuff. ugh

thanx for pointing out my boo-boo! LOL
Unread 09-29-2011, 06:59 AM

Oh no!!! I don't know what all is in airborne, but I've found that vitamin C and plenty of fluids helps me fight off things too. I'm sure you're in overdrive right now, which wont help. The good news is you'll have plenty of time to rest soon? Hope you're doing better ASAP
Unread 09-29-2011, 07:03 AM

thanx, kbid! i have to run to the dr office to drop off my deductible at lunch time. i will prob stop at walgreens or somewhere & grab some vitamin C. i never take it, so maybe it'll help, too. the airborne has some vit c in it, but i actually just read that it might not be able to be consumed for some medical procedures. ugh! so i'll ask the dr about that, too.
Unread 09-29-2011, 07:29 AM

Please do not take any more Airborne before you check with your doctor. Airborne contains Vitamin E. Vitamin E should not be taken before surgery as it can slow blood clotting, which could cause surgical complications. It also contains high doses of Vitamin C, which some doctors do not allow their patients to take prior to surgery.

Please call your doctor today. (Not the receptionist)

Hope all goes well for your surgery.
Unread 09-29-2011, 07:33 AM

Catherine: Thanx for the update! i won't take anymore airborne. after reading it, (of course, after i took it - duh me!), i saw that it said not recommended before some surgeries. luckily, i only took 1/2 a pill.

i am going to the dr. office today. i will definitely check with them. i'm thinking it might just all be from being stressed & run down. i just came off of Augmentin that my dr's partner put me on 3 wks ago. surely to goodness, i'm not REALLY getting sick..............

a good nite's sleep (which i don't ever get) might actually be the cure. hopefully.

thanks so much for the advice!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register