Stressing about work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stressing about work Stressing about work

Unread 10-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Stressing about work

I'm having a lapro. da Vini hysto on 10/25. I put in for time off. At first my manager said" oh, I had that done. You'll feel like a new woman. What do you need? 1 week?." I was like "No, at least two weeks." She has a desk job, my job is animal wrestler vet tech. I tried to add a few more days this morning, but she said that she already put in for my replacement and don't worry, you'll feel good as new after two weeks. If I don't feel ok to go back after two weeks, I'm not killing myself and letting myself get hurt. I filled in for everybody else enough times. I deserve to have time to heal good. Going back to work scares me more than the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Re: Stressing about work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susieq13 View Post
I'm having a lapro. da Vini hysto on 10/25. I put in for time off. At first my manager said" oh, I had that done. You'll feel like a new woman. What do you need? 1 week?." I was like "No, at least two weeks." She has a desk job, my job is animal wrestler vet tech. I tried to add a few more days this morning, but she said that she already put in for my replacement and don't worry, you'll feel good as new after two weeks. If I don't feel ok to go back after two weeks, I'm not killing myself and letting myself get hurt. I filled in for everybody else enough times. I deserve to have time to heal good. Going back to work scares me more than the surgery.
Good for you about not letting her bully you into going back to work before you're ready. While I had a TAH and thus have no experience with the type of surgery you're having, I would doubt your doctors will give you clearance to go back to a physically demanding job after just two weeks. Regardless, don't worry about going back to work before you're ready. Your boss can't make you go back to work before the doctor releases you. Hang in there, breathe deep, and relax. It'll all work out in the end.
Unread 10-01-2011, 06:59 PM

I was driving home tonight and Three Little Birds by Bob Marley came on the radio. I think it's a good sign telling me not to worry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2011, 07:04 PM

I agree, don't worry!! If you need extra time off, take it off. You might be surprised at how things go -- my doctor originally told me I'd only need, at most, two weeks off (I also have a very active job) and there were times during the first week that I didn't believe him. But by the time two weeks rolled around (just this week) I am feeling amazingly well and ready to go back to work. As it turns out, since I'm part-time and don't have 'regular' M-F 9-5 hours, my first day back will be this Tuesday, almost three weeks post-op.

Take it easy and listen to your own body, not someone else's experience.
Unread 10-02-2011, 02:51 PM

Drives me nutty that people assume they know when we'll be better. Even if someone has had a hysterectomy, none of us really have the exact same experience. We have different types of surgery, different things removed and different reasons for having it. Someone with fibroids may have a different experience than someone with pre cancer, for example. And We all heal differently and at different rates. I'm tired of having my surgery compared to a c section. Everybody seems to have an opinion... But remember the ones the count he most are your's and your doctor's!
Unread 10-02-2011, 07:29 PM

I agree with sugarandspice ...No one really knows how each person will react. just because one person felt great another may need more time..
I had 3 c-sections and each one was different..
First one I was in the hospital for 5 days and sick as a dog when I got home for 2 weeks.
2nd one I was up within 24 hours and feeling like a million bucks in 3 days time.
3rd one really kicked my butt for 8 weeks.

All I know is that I am making no set plans for getting back to work... Of corse I am lucky... My boss is my husband and I get to set my own hours. I know not everyone is able to do that but then no boss can "Make" you go back to work. If you still feel punky then talk to your Doc and get a note for more time off. Every company has to take a Doc's note for time off.
Unread 10-02-2011, 09:00 PM

I am a vet assistant too. BUT I live in rural Colorado so it is just him and i in the office. I marked myself off for 2 weeks but he knows it may take longer. Our jobs arent easy and I think we will be surprised what all we do with our bodies at our jobs. We are a mixed practiced so I see large and small. I am hoping at 3 weeks I can at least go sit at my desk and answer the phone and put in invoices. We shall see.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register