Scheduled dVH/RALH Post-op bleeding - what to expect? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op bleeding - what to expect? Post-op bleeding - what to expect?

Unread 10-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Re: Post-op bleeding - what to expect?

I had spotting for 6 weeks...my doctor told me I can have spotting for up to 12 weeks after the procedure. It wasn't heavy spotting, just a few drips as soon as I woke up in the morning. I am now 7 weeks this week and there is no more bleeding. The spotting wasn't enough to warrant a pad or panty liner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2011, 04:23 PM

I can't wait....I been flowing right now for 21 days and before that I only had a 3 day break with a 19 day period. And believe it or not...I have had bleeding that lasted 14 months...straight. My Dr. told me to expect light spotting which is actually like leaking from the cuff as all wounds have some seeping....I am so TOTALLY EXCITED!
Unread 10-02-2011, 04:57 PM

Oh you will be happy!

But it's funny, most of us have bled for so long it's hard to not wear a pad just in case. It's like what if I start bleeding? Old habits die hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2011, 08:57 PM

I plan on donating mine to a local woman's shelter.
Unread 10-02-2011, 09:03 PM

I actually looked for options of donating the organs...they actually do transplant female reproductive parts and only some of mine are troubled
...lol...
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:53 PM

What a great idea Sugar, donating to womens shelter. I, too, anticipate the need for a lot of pads, and bought all sizes from heavy flow to panty liners. My DH jokingly asked if I was opening my own store..... I like to be prepared, and if I don't need them (hoping not) I will certainly donate them.
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Post-op bleeding - what to expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir View Post
Oh you will be happy!

But it's funny, most of us have bled for so long it's hard to not wear a pad just in case. It's like what if I start bleeding? Old habits die hard.
Its amazing what this does to us mentally...your comment is me exactly, I haven't bled since day 3 post op (4 week post op today) but can't bring myself to leave the house without a pad on. Lol I suppose I will eventually trust that its actually over!
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:48 PM

My doctor said I would experience spotting for 2 weeks post-op and that is exactly what happened for me. The 2nd week of it wasn't even enough to warrant wearing a pad, but it was still present when I wiped after using the potty. The heaviest part was in the hospital after they took the packing out, but it didn't last long (maybe a day).

I still have my stash of pads "just in case". I've already passed the time when I would have had a period, but I still have a hard time actually believing it will never happen again. So, the pads will probably remain under my sink for a few months until reality sets in. Haha! :P
Unread 10-05-2011, 03:46 AM

Its just so weird, I will be having my surgery the end of november,date not set yet,but having DaVinci, had ablation this past April, bled all of July, August into Sept.. 2 weeks ago, severe pain, warranting pain meds, then clotted out,then happened at work, went to the on call Dr,said ok time for the hysterectomy, then the end of the week went to my regular, ObGyn,he concurred same thing,,,
and now? no bleeding at all~~~~ geesh what the heck
maybe it's all done and over with
but it is just the wondering, will it happen to me again that has me getting the surgery done.. I was in soooo much pain,dont want to ever go through that again..
that will just be so awesome not to have to wear pads,and the worry that you will flood out
whooo hoooo
Unread 10-05-2011, 11:52 AM

The last pad I wore was on my way to the hospital. Since my DaVinci hysterectomy I have never worn a pad and I have had no bleeding or even spotting. It's been a wonderful 3 months (tomorrow)! :0)

Good luck on your surgery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register