Recovery area at home - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery area at home Recovery area at home

Unread 10-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Re: Recovery area at home

I live in a two-story house, and had an LSH. Was in the hospital for three days. When I came home, I spent most of my time in the chair (not a recliner but with an ottoman) in the living room, and had my meds, water, inspirometer from the hospital, reading material, laptop, remote, and phone on the table next to me. I slept in the chair occasionally, but usually for napping I'd go back upstairs to the bedroom. I didn't want to stay in the bedroom all the time because it was much more comfortable to NOT be lying flat for the first few days (it's also better for recovery to be upright more often than not!). I had no problem manipulating the stairs from the day I came home (POD 2). I came home on a Friday, and DH and DS13 were home with me for the weekend but then went back to work and school on Monday. They were good about helping when I needed it, but I found that doing things for myself (getting my own water, snacks, etc.) gave me a good excuse to get up and walk around every so often during the day. I'm not the kind of person who can stand being waited on hand and foot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2011, 08:39 AM

My parents live with me, they occupy the first floor, me on the second....

honestly, I don't know if this is good or bad, LOL My mother is super old fashioned, so she won't allow me to do much. I'll be lucky if she allows me to talk on the phone. My dad, well, he's very emotional..

Although, my doctor said I could use the stairs in moderation, I plan not too until the 3rd week of my recovery. At least, I'm going to try not too...

The plan is for me to occupy the living room, and the back spare room when I don't won't to be bothered...
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:52 AM

I had set up my bedroom for the long haul, and when I got home ended up in my glider in the living room sitting on a donute because that was the most comfortable place for me to be. When I got tired I just went to bed. Everyone is different though and you have to go with what is comfortable for you. Good luck and happy recovering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2011, 10:32 AM

Best Wishes to all you wonderful ladies. I live in a single level, but do miss the two story I moved from a few year ago. It was nice to have a den and at the time all my children where home except one. But my home has what they called split living which puts my bedroom on the opposite side of the house. Lately I have been doing things to get my home ready for my big day. I have the mini fridge also and like you ladies will have control of the remote. My obstacle is my high bed, which may cause a problem getting in and out of once home from the hospital. But dear husband says he will get me step stool. But I may spend time in my livingroom and just put my feet up. Best to all you ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register