Scheduled TAH Surgery date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Surgery date

December 5th. That is the day I'm divorcing my uterus, ovaries and cervix. I've been reading the lists on this site and have already gotten a plastic drinking cup with a really long straw and am looking into abdominal binders. I have never been a coffee drinker - diet pepsi or coke is my addiction and I've decided to give it up now so I won't be going through withdrawals when my body will have enough to deal with. I've had 2 c-sections so I'm familiar with the pain of gas etc. Tomorrow I'm filing for bankruptcy, a side effect of my inability to work because of pain & fatigue. Trying to stay positive and see humor in everything.

I wish they'd do a tummy tuck at the same time. Doc said a plastic surgeon would have to do that, which would cost $5000. Really? Just slab an extra 2 inches of skin before you staple me back together! It takes a specialty to do that?!! Gotta laugh. I don't know what I'd do without this site and want to send out hugs, love and great appreciation for all your experiences and advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Re: Surgery date

She said "divorcing" LOL...I love it!

We are so glad you are here! I too found this site less than a month ago and it has helped so much! I love your humor and hope you will stick around awhile after you "divorce" is finalized!
Unread 10-03-2011, 11:10 AM

I noticed your post stated November 17, I will be having my big day on November 7. Sorry to hear that your going through so much and right before your surgery date also. Please stay positive and keep the FAITH most of all. Hopefully you will be able to collect some type of disability and be able to take care of yourself. My surgery will cause an small sit back for me and my husband due to the fact I have such and high co-pay and deductible. It is sad when you get sick and you have to deal with out of the pocket expenses that have to be paid before or the day of your surgery. But do not stress, this will not be good for you. Just take it one day at a time. I wish you the very best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2011, 11:33 AM

Well, I'll definitely keep you posted. my SAH is scheduled for this Friday. Since you have so much time you should think about doing the journal here. It's helpful when you don't want to post but need to release emotions.
Unread 10-03-2011, 02:50 PM

Oh my gosh. How do I correct my surgery date? It was a brain fart - I swear. Been having a lot of them lately. And migraines, which I name like hurricanes and give categories to. Giving up diet pepsi isn't helping on the migraine front. I'm hoping my 'divorce' improves the headaches.
Unread 10-03-2011, 02:56 PM

I got 'er fixed. Thank you for pointing that out to me. *shakes head at self* Ouch...shaking head right now not a good idea...note to self..do not shake head at self while under the influence of a migraine.
Unread 10-03-2011, 03:01 PM

I am having my surgery on Oct 17 and they are not sure if they can do the DiVinci robut because I have spine issues. The Dr does not go into post op problems but I had two C Sections over 40 years ago and I still remember gas and pain. Do I need a stomach band no matter how the surgery is done? Anything elso to recommend as I just found you.
Thanks
Unread 10-03-2011, 05:03 PM

I've had the same surgery as you - 5 weeks today.

I love your attitude!!

It will carry you through the slightly rough couple of weeks or 3 and then you will start to feel better each week!

I'm so VERY lucky to have had a nice back-log of sick leave that will take me through till I return part-time, at least - maybe next week. I'd be happy to stay home forever as long as I get paid to do so!!

I'm very sorry for you in your financial circumstances. That is a real bummer! Hang in there - you will find some solution!
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:40 PM

Dunno where I'd be without my sense of ha-ha. I'm sure the first week (oh gosh.. the day I wake up from) my surgery my words will be "What was I thinking when I agreed to THIS!"

I've been through a world of negativity (I do not claim to corner that market) and always search for the silver linings, sunbeams, upbeat perspective, new lessons and laugh, no matter what (I write some of my greatest funny songs when I'm under the influence of a bad cold or migraine). It will be interesting to see what my first words after the surgery will be....perhaps I should ask an RN to write them down? lol

Hugs to all, and thank you for sharing on this site. I appreciate all of you very much.
Unread 10-05-2011, 04:13 PM

Your ladies are just great. My one thing about surgery is if I talk in my sleep or snore. But they put that breathing tube down my throat so that will take care of my embrassment. lol lol I asked my doctor to take off a few pounds and he said he could be certain I would lose a pound. I think I will ask them to make me look like Halle Berry not Fred Berry to keep the anxiety down. lol lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register