Scheduled LAVH Outpatient....?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Outpatient....?? Outpatient....??

Unread 10-04-2011, 06:04 AM
Re: Outpatient....??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
Wow! Thank you all so much! I spoke to my doc today and all of my questions have been answered. You girls are a huge help! I am having my uterus removed and am leaving my ovaries. Hope all goes well. I am getting super nervous!!
NY Yankees fan, love it!! Me too!! Go Yankees, let's hope for a win tomorrow!! I will update as soon as I can.
I am glad we could help ease your mind. Good luck too you!!! Let's hope next game is better!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2011, 10:09 PM

Tomorrow is my big day! So nervous, but excited at the same time. :-)
Unread 10-05-2011, 05:20 PM

They told me I was going to be out patient to I'm scared but I guess if my Dr thinks I need to stay longer he will let me I wonder if I'm not up ti going home right away if he would keep me .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2011, 07:40 PM

I am having an LAVH on Friday and today my doctor said I was staying over on Friday night. That works or me. I am a single mom of 3 with a houseful of pets. A night in the hospital is the only real peaceful rest I will get
Unread 10-05-2011, 07:47 PM

I hope you are going to have help when you get home! You may not have pain for long but you will probably be tired!
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:20 PM

22, 15, 10. Mostly, its me. I tend to do it all because its easier sometimes than nagging them to do it. So, I tend to bring on myself. But really everyone is pretty good about pitching in when something happens. I'm not worried. Its more about me...Im not a good patient. I am stubborn and tend to push myself. WHen I had gallbladder surgery, I crawled to the kitchen when no one was home to get the dishes done. I know...bad. Its hard to realx with undone housework.

This time I did more prep. I bought some puzzles, some cute ceramics to paint, a ton of books from the library. So hopefully, i will behave better this time
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:26 PM

Ha-ha! I hear you! It is so hard to rest! Just remember we only have one time to heal right! It's amazing what can be left undone! :-)
Unread 10-08-2011, 07:17 PM

I was supposed to be outpatient, but my doctor told me it's a way to get around insurance not wanting to pay. It works out better in the end! Take whatever hospital time they give you! It is so worth it to wait and come home when you're feeling better! Good Luck!!
Unread 10-09-2011, 07:12 AM

I had a vaginal hysterectomy and all they gave me for pain meds was regular Tylenol and ibuprofen, pain was just like period pains, gas pains was the worst that didn't happen till week two for me, I took benifiber twice a day to keep things moving, good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register