Scheduled LSH Nervous...nervous...have I mentioned Im nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nervous...nervous...have I mentioned Im nervous Nervous...nervous...have I mentioned Im nervous

Unread 10-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Nervous...nervous...have I mentioned Im nervous

Hi all,
well I am scheduled for 10/14 and still unsure. I guess I am unsure because i had adopted the "wait and see " apporach. Now I feel stuck between wait and see and get it over with. My story is basically my fibroid is about the size of a 4mnth pregnancy and is effecting my quality of life. I am not bleeding but have pressure...bloating and pain. Of course sometimes these symptoms are worse than others...and when I am having a "good day" I second guess myself.
I have not had my pre-op visit yet...but have so many questions...since it is laproscopic do I need "tummy support" Should I expect a swollen tummy?

Ugghh!!
I could use soem input

thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Re: Nervous...nervous...have I mentioned Im nervous

Well, the fact that you are nervous means that you are very very normal, actually!

I had a LSH/BSO in July, and my recommendation is that you have a binder! I got mine at the hospital and it made a world of difference! Prior to getting it (I got it at discharge) I walked the halls of the hospital with a pillow held tightly against my abdomen. It's hard to explain why it helps, but trust me it absolutely will make a huge difference!

The pain I had with surgery/recovery was LESS pain than I EVER had with my periods. I too had a huge fibroid (and a smaller one to boot) and my bleeding/cramps on my worst months would lead me to tears, laying in a hot bathtub at 2am when it hit. Cramps lasting days. Pressure. Belly. All that.

I had no idea that my fibroid(s) were causing other issues--after I had my surgery I was surprised at how easy it is to urinate! I guess I didn't notice gradually over the years how I had to strain and it would take me a long time...now it's really easy! And, the same for bm's but I will leave out the details.

The surgery has made a world of difference, the recovery, while it seems long, is a short price to pay for a lifetime of freedom! I do not regret it a bit. I LOVE every day of my life, and have no little surprise bleeding/gushing episodes or cramps to deal with!
Unread 10-03-2011, 05:36 PM

It's very normal to be nervous... The time between setting the date and the surgery is hard. And we have second-guessed ourselves on those "good days". I was feeling pretty good as my surgery approached but thankfully the pain came back 3 days before surgery to help dispell my doubts. Personally I didn't wear a binder and even the thought of something pressing against my tummy freaked me out. But maybe it's because I had a different surgery. I wish you all the best :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2002 View Post
Hi all,
well I am scheduled for 10/14 and still unsure. I guess I am unsure because i had adopted the "wait and see " apporach. Now I feel stuck between wait and see and get it over with. My story is basically my fibroid is about the size of a 4mnth pregnancy and is effecting my quality of life. I am not bleeding but have pressure...bloating and pain. Of course sometimes these symptoms are worse than others...and when I am having a "good day" I second guess myself.
I have not had my pre-op visit yet...but have so many questions...since it is laproscopic do I need "tummy support" Should I expect a swollen tummy?

Ugghh!!
I could use soem input

thanks

Hi I'm having mine on the 13th I understand your fears! Are you having a full or keeping your ovary's?
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:21 PM

I know what you mean about second guessing... I had a good week last week and thought "maybe I am doing fine with the pills to control it" then yesterday and today wham!... Right back to extreme pain... that solved that.... gonna get it done...
Good luck on yours...
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:47 PM

My surgery is October 13th and waiting is the worst! Besides the pain I have I have Hyperplasia. So with those bad cells I am ready to get it out of there. I am just finishing my visit from Aunt Flo and she is going out with a bang!
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:14 PM

I went through the 2nd...3rd....4th guessing myself pre-op, too. I would have days with minimal pain from my prolapse, and wonder if maybe I shouldn't just wait a while longer. Then I'd have a terrible day, or a period & be totally sure again. In the end, I had a period that started 15 days before surgery that was MISERABLE, and I knew that I didn't want to do that again, so I got through the rest of the wait, still nervous about surgery, but pretty committed to going through with the scheduled date. Hopefully you'll find a real peace & comfort with your decision soon, and can just get through it.
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:31 PM

I am scheduled for Oct 11, and have a fybroid as well. I'm with you about feeling nervous. But I'm looking forward to being able to 'pee' normal again, along with better BM's. Just ready to get it over with....and go on with life.
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:42 PM

I had huge fibroids and all the fun that goes along with it. Had my LAVH on August 3rd. I have not felt this good in 20 years! I had the cervix removed too and there's no holding me back! You MUST listen and obey all of your doctor's orders and do not overdo anything for however long it takes to feel good. That was 2 1/2 weeks for me, but some women take 8 weeks or longer. It doesn't matter how long it takes...do the right thing and listen to your body! I read all of the horror stories and was scared to death, but I am feeling great and I'm praying you all will too! See you on the other side and best of luck!
Unread 10-04-2011, 02:47 PM

Hi Im keeping both...how about you?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register