Scheduled LAVH Now I am scared... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Now I am scared... Now I am scared...

Unread 10-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Now I am scared...

I have been scheduled for LAVH and aware of the possibility of have TAH instead. 19 years ago I had ectopic that ruptured. They removed my tube and left ovary. When my doc did my ultrasound two weeks ago, he saw a left ovary. We came to the conclusion that my memory was probably wrong and they probably did not remove the ovary. I was ok with that. Now my records came from the hospital in Oregon and sure enough they took my ovary and even have pics showing it gone. What do I have on my left side that is about the size of an ovary? I am worried that it may be a tumor, as she said that I should request a CA-125 blood test. These past couple of years when the docs had just been blowing me off like I am a whiner...I actually have something more serious and possibly dangerous. I assume I cannot have an ovarian cyst if I have no ovary...kinda changes the possibilities I think. Any insight would be so very helpful...thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Re: Now I am scared...

I don't know all the options of what it could be, but there is one possibility. Sometimes a bit of ovary is left and it regrows-----Ovarian Remnant Syndrome. I know it's rare but it's one thing to consider. I hope it is something like that or some other easily treatable thing. I'm sorry this has all come up, waiting for a diagnosis is the worst.
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:02 PM

I understand that if they left a remnant of the ovary, that it could have grown back. It really could be an ovary that they are looking at, just not the original one you were born with. For your sake, I hope that is what it turns out to be. My thoughts are with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2011, 09:09 PM

So I just looked up Ovarian Remnant Syndrome and it actually is the pain you have after removal due to small remnant tissues....what my Dr. saw he said was actually slightly bigger than my right and very healthy ovary. Which is common for them to not be the exact same size...so I am thinking that it wouldn't be bigger than an actual ovary..but I don't know. Haven't found anything on them actually growing back due to remnant tissue but still looking. Thank you so much tho cause it's a start...
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:18 PM

i wish i had something useful to say to help, but that sounds very scary -- i too hope that it is not that big a deal. what does your doctor say?
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:22 PM

Actually haven't talked to my doc yet....calling him at crack of dawn. I was just able to talk to nurses reading my reports and looking at pics from past procedure. Hoping this doesn't change plans for LAVH and force TAH but if that's all it changes I am ok with that. Just keeping high hopes and taking my anxiety meds to keep me grounded. Thanks to all....
Unread 10-04-2011, 05:36 AM

Well.....I spent most the night researching and found that all of my issues qualify for Ovarian Remnant Syndrome....Thanks Greyown......But of course I am unsure still until my Dr. has his time with my issue. I am still hoping to have the total Hyst as I am done with issues and just never want any issues ever again. It's been painful and really rough for too many years to chance keeping anything. Hope they agree. Don't think I should have been the one to discover these things as I have seen many gynos in the past 20 years and continued to get brushed aside like my issues were no big deal. This Dr. is awesome. He may not have diagnosed this issue yet but he led me to it and is willing to help in any way. Actually hoping this is the problem, though it is not something that can be treated with meds, it is also not dangerous. Thanks to all who helped with info....I was really freaking out and now I am calmer. Calling my Dr. in 25 mins..wish me luck!
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:38 AM

OK....I thought I was calmer but with every second comes another question....Just losing my mind.
Unread 10-04-2011, 12:32 PM

Spent the morning at the Dr.'s ...it so happens that in fact my left Ovary has grown back. But is garbage and being removed during my hyst......
WOW. So many years of the doc's not thinking there was anything wrong..I was just complaining too much...now I have validation and I am MAD! Can't tell me nobody saw that ovary in the past.
Unread 10-04-2011, 12:53 PM

Wow! That is crazy! I don't blame you for being mad. I understand completely how it feels to have your doctors blow you off and basically tell you it's all in your head. I can't wait until my surgery is over and I finally know everything that has been causing my pain. My PCP even referred me to a counselor because she thought it was all in my head!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register