New Here...Surgery Scheduled Next Tues. Oct 11- Fybroid | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Here...Surgery Scheduled Next Tues. Oct 11- Fybroid New Here...Surgery Scheduled Next Tues. Oct 11- Fybroid

Unread 10-05-2011, 09:38 AM
New Here...Surgery Scheduled Next Tues. Oct 11- Fybroid

:newHey all, I'm new here. I'm 39 years (young) My surgery is scheduled to Tues. Oct. 11. (Open Incision) Doctor says I have an almost 7 cm fybroid (not causing any pain but it is pressing on my bladder, will feel good to be able to pee normal again) so we feel its best to remove uterus. Not sure about ovaries....part of me wants to go ahead for peace of mind. Will be talking with Dr. on Monday about that. I do have cysts that come on them from time to time. Dr. says he will put me on Estrogen patch right out of surgery if I decide to remove the ovaries. I'm not looking forward to the surgery but just want it over with so I can go on with life. I would love to meet some good friends here who share my struggles.

Does anyone know if women usually gain weight after Hysterectomies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Re: New Here...Surgery Scheduled Next Tues. Oct 11- Fybroid

Hi Carolyne,

I'm 39, having the same type of surgery and practically for the same reason, on Friday. Oncee the doctor opens me up and everything looks good; I've opted to keep my cervix and ovaries.
Unread 10-05-2011, 04:24 PM

Hi
I'm having open and to remove cervix n uterus due to 4.7 cm fibroid on bladder... I'm going on tues oct 11. I have pain , bleeding bowel n bladder trouble. Adhesions from former surgery where rt ovary was removed. Going to try to keep left ovary. I'm looking forward to many improvements too. Because I had surgery before I know anesthesia does not agree w me so I am asking for nausea Meds to be started before surgery... I also know the first week was quite a doozy but m hopeful lessons learned will make this time better. Particularly they did not give me restrictions so I'm sure I delayed my recovery last time by doing too much. Thanks to this site I know better this time!

Carolyne I read herecthat many women lost weight due to having the fibroid out n water retention that can comme w fibroids-am hoping for that!
Best wishes to you as we go through this together!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2011, 04:29 PM

Good luck barren on Friday.... You're almost there!
Unread 10-05-2011, 05:41 PM

Hi Carolyne,
I am in the same boat. I am 40 and my SAH is scheduled for Nov1st. I have a 4 cm fibroid that is putting pressure on my bladder. I am sooo looking forward to "normal" peeing! Lol Best of luck to you and Barren on you upcoming surgery!

Best wishes,
Ladyofthelake LotL
Unread 10-05-2011, 06:00 PM

Hi ladies, I am in week five of recovery post TAH for fibroids, enlarged uterus and kept my ovaries. But no history of ovarian cysts either. Hard decision carolyne.

I am looking forward to a new me post recovery, and was very happy to be rid of my knarly old uterus that was not behaving!

Be prepared to take time in recovery to heal well. Read the checkpoints and the Dr Q an A. I found these very handy.

Best wishes to you all for your surgeries and a smooth reocvery.
Unread 10-06-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barren View Post
Hi Carolyne,

I'm 39, having the same type of surgery and practically for the same reason, on Friday. Oncee the doctor opens me up and everything looks good; I've opted to keep my cervix and ovaries.
Good luck on your surgery! Thanks for posting.
Unread 10-06-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammer View Post
Hi
I'm having open and to remove cervix n uterus due to 4.7 cm fibroid on bladder... I'm going on tues oct 11. I have pain , bleeding bowel n bladder trouble. Adhesions from former surgery where rt ovary was removed. Going to try to keep left ovary. I'm looking forward to many improvements too. Because I had surgery before I know anesthesia does not agree w me so I am asking for nausea Meds to be started before surgery... I also know the first week was quite a doozy but m hopeful lessons learned will make this time better. Particularly they did not give me restrictions so I'm sure I delayed my recovery last time by doing too much. Thanks to this site I know better this time!

Carolyne I read herecthat many women lost weight due to having the fibroid out n water retention that can comme w fibroids-am hoping for that!
Best wishes to you as we go through this together!
Thanks! and I will certainly be thinking of you the day of my sugery...and look for a follow up post from you afterwards. You and the rest here will be in my prayers. I also got sick once after anesthesia (D&C) I woke up 'throwing up' and threw up all day...then years later I had to have another D&C and I told them about the first incident about me getting sick on it. They gave me 'phenergen' before I woke and I didn't get sick that time. I just REALLY hope I won't get sick this time.

((Hugs))
Unread 10-06-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyofthelake View Post
Hi Carolyne,
I am in the same boat. I am 40 and my SAH is scheduled for Nov1st. I have a 4 cm fibroid that is putting pressure on my bladder. I am sooo looking forward to "normal" peeing! Lol Best of luck to you and Barren on you upcoming surgery!

Best wishes,
Ladyofthelake LotL
Thank you for the well wishes. I wish you the best also.....having these fibroids are not fun. I hate the pressure it puts on my bladder Will be praying for you as well.
Unread 10-06-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb99 View Post
Hi ladies, I am in week five of recovery post TAH for fibroids, enlarged uterus and kept my ovaries. But no history of ovarian cysts either. Hard decision carolyne.

I am looking forward to a new me post recovery, and was very happy to be rid of my knarly old uterus that was not behaving!

Be prepared to take time in recovery to heal well. Read the checkpoints and the Dr Q an A. I found these very handy.

Best wishes to you all for your surgeries and a smooth reocvery.
Thank you so much! I'm seriously considering letting my ovaries go, for peace of mind later. I've had this 'over my head' for some time now. I just have heard so many that has to go back later and have the ovaries removed. Don't want to have to go through this again. Thanks for the advice!! I really appreciate it. So glad your on the mend.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register