Scheduled LAVH Pre Op only 4 days before Surgery! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre Op  only 4 days before Surgery! Pre Op only 4 days before Surgery!

Unread 10-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Re: Pre Op only 4 days before Surgery!

I wish everyone good luck with there pre-ops, I will inform everyone on how mine went on tomorrow I have to pre register at the hospital also so until tomorrow ladies hope everyone sleeps well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2011, 05:20 PM

WELLLLLLLL , I had to change my surgery date... because it Didn't fit with the DH's work schedule... moved it back to November 1 from Oct 24th.... not thrilled, but I know how hard he works and while he said he could have tried to make it work on the 24th (which is by the way the date HE originally chose!) it would be better if I could change the date..... My boss was thrilled too.... (another co worker is having a hysterectomy on the 25th ) gives her one l more week to find subs... Not sure how I feel about it.... guess other than the massive pain I am in it really doesn't matter, just a bit disappointed....
Unread 10-10-2011, 05:44 PM

I am 7 days post lavh and I had my pre op four days prior also. The only thing that sucked about that is I had to wait till that four days before to ask any questions I had before. But I think that atleast the positive side is you won't have to wait a long time after pre op cuz once you get that done you are basically ready for surgery in your own mind. Atleast I was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2011, 07:49 PM

My surgery is the 20th.

My pre-op physical is the 18th. I was told it had to be no more than a week before surgery. I don't have any clue what they plan to do at that appt.

I have a pre-op "talk" appointment with the GYN tomorrow.
Unread 10-10-2011, 08:09 PM

At my pre-op, besides hospital paper work, they did blood work and an EKG. They also reviewed with me my surgery, that I was going to have a hysterectomy. They also reviewed with me generic procedures of where to come on surgery day, that I needed someone to come get me when they released me several days later, etc.

I am guessing your pre-op will be similar.

Good luck..

(((HUGS)))
Unread 10-10-2011, 08:17 PM

my pre-op is 10/20th and surgery is 10/27

i went into my primary TODAY for some baseline bloodwork & EKG (but couldn't get an apptn for a full physical.)

i think another round of bloodwork will be drawn on the day of pre-op.

i don't even have a list of questions to ask my doctor yet... i've been skimming the board so much i'm not sure what else i'm forgetting that i need to know! lol
Unread 10-10-2011, 08:45 PM

Hello ladies pre-op and registration went fine one more step and its almost over. I have been feeling crazy lately but today made it so much better I feel so much relief. The doctor answered all my questions even showed me a diagram with a pointer, Lol. He made me feel so at ease. I'm losing everything except my ovaries he said they are good and the only way he would take them is if he's sees something when he goes in. So Oct. 14th @ 6am is my check in I've had a EKG, CXR, urine speciman and blood drawn can't wait till its over but I can say right here right now I am in better spirits about it. Thanks for all the care and concern, good luck and see you ladies in post-op.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register