1 week left to go! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week left to go! 1 week left to go!

Unread 10-06-2011, 04:25 PM
1 week left to go!

Hello Sisters!!
I am 1 week out until my surgery. Starting to get all my gear and stuff together that I will need. I'm having the daVinci hysterectomy and certainly have been following the posts on here about the post op recovery. I think my uterus, who has a mind of her own....., knows something is up because I have been cramping and spotting alot since my last doctor's visit. But that is ok....I keep reminding her to "bring it on" cause you only have 1 more week..... bahaaaaaa! But seriously, I am so glad I have the posts on here to read!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Re: 1 week left to go!

Hi George84 - good luck next week! I'm scheduled for the same procedure in about 1.5 months --- I'll be anxious to hear how your surgery goes, make sure you give us an update.
Unread 10-06-2011, 04:35 PM

Me too! I just had my preop yesterday with the Dr. I had a flu shot today and just have to make my final decision on the ovaries by surgery day. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2011, 04:37 PM

I forgot to say I just got off of a 3 week period and it left with a vengeance major cramps and clotting. Last one luckily!!
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassypoo View Post
I forgot to say I just got off of a 3 week period and it left with a vengeance major cramps and clotting. Last one luckily!!
Wow! I had an ablation 5 years ago, and it really helped! But all good things must come to an end (especially in my uterus) and now it must be rebelling!

Good Luck to you all! I will keep you posted, you do the same!
Unread 10-07-2011, 05:20 AM

That ended up not being an option because of the Hyperplasia she wanted to get the uterus out. I am stressing really bad now about what I want to do with the ovaries. I had hoped that would have been decided by the Dr. I am 44 and I can see advantages to both keeping and removing. I hope I can make the right decision I have said some prayers but just keep going back and forth.
Unread 10-07-2011, 07:33 AM

I am keeping my ovaries. Taking my uterus, and cervix. So we will see.
My surgery is on the 13th, and my birthday is on the 18th. Wooo Hoooo! Happy 46th Teri!
Unread 10-07-2011, 02:23 PM

I am still debating on the ovaries especially because of those bad cells I have. That is the main reason I am having hysterectomy is because I have Hyperplasia. With those bad cells how do I know there are not some kind of bad cells in the ovaries too? I hope yours goes well and Happy birthday. I will say some more prayers and hope I can figure out what I want to do and feel good with what I do.
Unread 10-07-2011, 02:57 PM

Thanks! I appreciate the birthday wishes! Just hope that I will be feeling a little better after 5 days. ??? I do appreciate all the posts on here, and like reading about all the other woman.
Thanks again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register