So Frightened! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So Frightened! So Frightened!

Unread 10-07-2011, 11:59 AM
So Frightened!

Hi,
I am having my operation on 3rd Nov. They are not sure if TAH or TVH untill they have a look see. I am a nurse working in the Operating room/recovery room, and it seems to me that my friends and family think that as i do this kind of thing for a living that i am ok with it.
I am so frightened about many things. The actual operation is not my worry as i am so lucky that it will be my friends looking after me during and after surgery, it's all the other stuff...
I am not good with pain...I don't want to get fat...will my husband still want me, will i still want him? how can I sit around for weeks waiting to get better? I know how I must sound, but I don't know anyone my age (43) who has had this done and I am truly frightened! They are taking everything out so will be on HRT, which I am already as had one overie removed due to cyst and the other does not work....
Guess i just needed to talk to spomeone, all the other web sites I have looked at have told me that I will get fat, be in pain and go off sex forever!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Re: So Frightened!

Hi

It is natural to feel frightened of something we have no experience of and there will be many emotions to deal with and accept.

Although I had a SAH and not the total you're having, I know there will be plenty of women on here who will tell you that they didn't get fat, they aren't in pain and they're having better sex than before their operation.

We are all different and generalisations club us all together and the biggest thing I've learned from this site is that we really are all unique, not only in our symptoms and necessary surgery, but also in our recoveries.

The best thing to do with fear is to confront it head on so ask all the questions you need to and by facing our fears, we find they become much less scary.

You have so many women on your side here who will be happy to help you.

Sending you many many good wishes and 's

Unread 10-07-2011, 12:18 PM

You are so sweet, thank you very much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2011, 12:25 PM

You are more than welcome
Unread 10-07-2011, 05:23 PM

I'm having a TAH with overies and tubes removed in November - I feel the same way as you do!! My mom had one and said her sex drive is the same as it allways was! It's a little harder to loose weight but with diet and exercise it can be done! Keep positive thoughts- I know that's easier said than done! I'm actually looking forward to life after my recovery- no more pain and bleeding!
Unread 10-07-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justflojo View Post
Hi,
I am having my operation on 3rd Nov. They are not sure if TAH or TVH untill they have a look see. I am a nurse working in the Operating room/recovery room, and it seems to me that my friends and family think that as i do this kind of thing for a living that i am ok with it.
I am so frightened about many things. The actual operation is not my worry as i am so lucky that it will be my friends looking after me during and after surgery, it's all the other stuff...
I am not good with pain...I don't want to get fat...will my husband still want me, will i still want him? how can I sit around for weeks waiting to get better? I know how I must sound, but I don't know anyone my age (43) who has had this done and I am truly frightened! They are taking everything out so will be on HRT, which I am already as had one overie removed due to cyst and the other does not work....
Guess i just needed to talk to spomeone, all the other web sites I have looked at have told me that I will get fat, be in pain and go off sex forever!!!!
Going in 11/7 for TAH/BSO I was told weight lose is something that happens. I am a little on the big side, but the way I look at is I will feel better after all this is done. No matter what others think alway love yourself no matter what. It is whats in your heart that counts, that will not change, you can be beautiful on the outside but have to be beautiful on the inside where it should count. No matter what just stay focus and positive. Dont worry about gaining weight choose a good life. Best wished to you.
Unread 10-08-2011, 01:02 AM

Thank you so much ladies, it's so nice to hear from people who feel like me. Have to say though that with 3 weeks to go I am not sleeping at all which is hard when I have to work long shifts at the hospital, just need this to be over already! Also snapping at my husband as he has no clue... Bless him!
Unread 10-08-2011, 04:58 AM

I am putting my faith in the Dr and staff at the Castle, but worry too,at 51 what my life will be like afterwords...
I know I have mood swings, and I feel bad about that, I feel bad for the hubby, then now that the date is set, I worry about all I have to do before hand
I have 3 small dogs that when I am home and in bed, want to hang with me on the bed, now 2 of them jump off and need to be picked up every blessed time they get off, I dont know how that will work after surgery,
I am going to try and not stress about things I cant control, but I am soooooo happy to have a sisterhood on here that has or will go through what I am~~~~
thank you all so very much
Unread 10-08-2011, 05:05 AM

Hi I am also scheduled on the 3rd nov for SAH. I also have started to get very worried and snappy with little sleep .
I am 46 with a good sex life at the moment so I have asked about this and although you do get different replies the main thing seems to be better afterwards but climax is slightly less intense.
I am really looking forward to feeling well in the future.
Jane
Unread 10-08-2011, 05:31 AM

I had mine done at age 46 so am somewhat close to your age. It is natural to be frightened but you will find out that it isn't so bad. I do horribly with pain but having great nurses helped immensely. They really had to be on top of it because I am allergic to almost all pain meds. Kind of hard to medicate me. But they did!. As far as the rest goes, it will work out. Be patient and give yourself time. Also try to stay off the internet about it because I was scared to death. I did not know about this site prior but since being here have heard so much support through everything and anything. It will be fine and just trust that your docs will do great. Don't drive yourself nuts with the what ifs. You never know what will happen afterward but deal with it then. Everything will probably be fine so try to stop yourself with the what ifs. It can make you really scared for no good reason. Sending hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register