So Frightened! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So Frightened! So Frightened!

Unread 10-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Re: So Frightened!

Hi jane, OMG both on the same day...will be thinking of you if I am not having a total breakdown!
Thanks for the message sweet and good luck to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2011, 08:18 AM

Hi. I have the same surgery schedule with you on Nov. 3, 2011. And I'm scared as well. I'm only 38 years and never had kids. I'm going to have the da Vinci hysterectomy. I recently had a D&C last May 31 due to excessive bleeding and was diagnosed with low grade mullerian adenosarcoma (lining of the uterus). After a couple of months of feeling better, I experienced another pain on my lower left abdomen (a growing cyst was found on my left ovary) So, as my oncologist had advised me: it's best to undergo hysterectomy and also to remove the cyst on my ovary. Hoping it's not cancer, so they can just leave part of my ovary. I only have that one left.

Anyway, I'm nervous and worried. The post-op effects would vary for every woman. I am hoping both of us will recover quickly without much pain and hassles. So good luck to you and me. Cliche it may sound.. it's better said than done: "Let's try our best to optimistic" hope to hear from you
Unread 10-08-2011, 09:00 AM

Grandmallie,

Would some of those pet stairs work for your little dogs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2011, 09:49 AM

Hi Dithy331,
lovely to hear from you!
We are going to be just fine, we just must not read anything on google as I think thats been the thing that has really frightened me!!
We just need to keep positive and look on the bright side...I know it's there somewhere! just need to get organised before the big day so that when we are home from hospital we can rest! I am planning to visit my dad in VA for a few weeks to recover, my only problem is how long to wait before I fly over? the days seem to be flying by and the date is getting closer, it's just nice to know we are not alone in this, it's funny because you think you are untill you find a site like this.
Keep the faith my sweet...we are gunna do great...listen to me all positive...must be the Gin!
Unread 10-08-2011, 12:51 PM

hey JustFloJo, Gin is a clear liquid
and yes we have doggie stairs, that slip on the hardwood floor, only one can use those and it has to be just far enough from the bed !!! lol
well even though im not going until the end of november ,I went and bought , 3 circle word books,and the dreaded miralax and dulcolax that was asked for
also hibiclen's and dial soap, bought the regular size pillow pet thursday, have chapstick here~~~~ anything im missing?
If I could I would give you all a big hug, so consider yourself hugged----- each and every one of you
Unread 10-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Re: So Frightened! (to Justflojo)

Thanks for the heads up Justflojo. Yes the stuff we read from google or other sites can be really scary. But you're right I know we can get through this since others did.

Once I feel a bit better after my surgery, I'll share with you how I'm coping and recovering.

Sometimes I can't help but cry at nights thinking why I have to go through these surgeries. And sometimes I also wished that I was born as a man

Anyway thanks again. we'll keep our fingers crossed.
Unread 10-10-2011, 01:12 AM

I walked around the supermarket yesterday on my own crying, one lady asked me if I was ok, I said " yes I'm fine, I'm just having a nervous breakdown"
Unread 10-10-2011, 01:49 AM

I keep myself :together: by thinking of the big picture. (not always easy). My mother had a hysterectomy and she didn't gain any weight.!)

I know that in a few months I will be very happy that I had the surgery. There will be pain and there will be gain in my quality of life in the very near future! May you heal quickly and with minimal/no pain.
Unread 10-10-2011, 09:07 AM

hi Oka058,

That's a good thought. My mother had her hysterectomy too when she was my age, she did bloat a bit and gained weight-- so I am not sure if I will have the same effect too.

My only concern is the cyst/tumor found on my left ovary (hoping it's not cancer). Because of my recent diagnosis for having a low grade type of cancer in my uterus, I am very scared.

I regret sometimes for not having a kid when I was younger, though. But I know I can always adopt in the near future. For now, I have to be healthy so I can get back on my feet again.
Unread 10-10-2011, 09:42 AM

you are most definity not alone, for i'm going through the same thing. my TAH is Oct 28th and yeah, i'm scared too. but, i want to do this. i want to get this done, so i can go on with my life. bottom line, it's for my own good. it will extend my life. all i want them to do is to get these things out of me and drug me up real good cause i don't want to feel a thing. i want to go to "la la land and see the happy people" and come back to the real world, fribroid free. if i have to deal with the pain, so be it. it will let me know, i'm alive and kicking! so sweetie, bottom line, grab the harness of this situation, with fierce courage and determination, and know there are people here that will cheer you on and give you lots of courage and lots and lots of love. And here is a big hug from me too! ;-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register