So Frightened! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So Frightened! So Frightened!

Unread 10-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Re: So Frightened!

hi justflojo,im 43 and my surgery is for oct.20th my left ovary was taken two years ago due to huge cyst so now im having everything taken,so my biggest fear seems to be hrt and how long it will take to get the right one to make me feel right.this will be my 3rd surgery since 2007 so im done with endo,lesions,fibroids cant wait until its done and over,good luck to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2011, 07:00 PM

Hi Justflojo. I'm 44 and also a nurse (trauma). I was scared about the surgery - mainly going under general anesthesia. This site is wonderful. I didn't take time before surgery to research things. I found this site while recuping. It has been so helpful to talk with others.

I was a little worried about sex after surgery but it really is better now. I don't think you have to worry about gaining weight unless you stop exercising or start eating too much. Your life style will keep you busy. The worst part for me has been the emotional swings and depression. I'm 11 weeks post tomorrow. I am back to doing everything that I did before. I do get tired a little faster than before but that will get better.

Good luck and hugs....

Take time to heal.
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:27 AM

Resa5911
Good luck for 20th, you'll be fine! I too had same op as you last year and the ovary that was left stopped working so have already been on HRT for 6 months. It took 2 try's to get type and dose correct but now feel totally the same as before! Now am having the lot removed I will have to go onto oestrogen only HRT ( which is better I'n the long run) so like you am hoping the dose is right and I feel better right away! Keep us posted as to how it goes! Sending hugs! . Xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2011, 12:29 AM

JMWD
Thanks so much for your post, very reassuring! Are you back to work full time, how did that go?
Unread 10-11-2011, 09:44 AM

i am 43 and having lavh on the 20th of oct. this will be my 3rd surgery since 2007 so now time for all of it to go and i mean all of it.im most scared of the whole hormonal issues and getting the right meds for hrt.and also im having my bladder lifted and tacked up while they are in there so yaeh i guess im starting to get a little scared myself .too young to be old and too old to young kind of feeling. good luck to all.
Unread 10-11-2011, 10:00 AM

I find that it is good AND bad to hear stories from other people regarding THEIR experience, just remember you will be having YOUR experience and until it happens you just don't know. As you stated you have great doctors that you trust and I hope a loving and supporting family to be there for you.

Thats all you can ask for. I have been mentally preparing for my surgery and I just can not wait for it. I want it and I have to be honest; I could care less if I gain weight (because I can lose it) If my sex drive goes down a notch (it can be brought back up) If I get sick of being home healing (will NOT happen; I am a tv freak and have already stocked up on magazines, Netflix movies, movies that I have DVR, books and crocheting a blanket)

I am going to ENJOY my princess moments when I get to do nothing but concentrate on ME and MY NEEDS!! I am going to enjoy how great I am going to feel to not have to worry about huge clots, 2-3 week periods and just pure aggravation from not being able to control any of it. Do not think of the bad or negative possibilities of your surgery think of all the GREAT things that will come out of it.

Good luck and keep in touch we sisters are here for you.
Unread 10-11-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justflojo View Post
Hi,
I am having my operation on 3rd Nov. They are not sure if TAH or TVH untill they have a look see. I am a nurse working in the Operating room/recovery room, and it seems to me that my friends and family think that as i do this kind of thing for a living that i am ok with it.
I am so frightened about many things. The actual operation is not my worry as i am so lucky that it will be my friends looking after me during and after surgery, it's all the other stuff...
I am not good with pain...I don't want to get fat...will my husband still want me, will i still want him? how can I sit around for weeks waiting to get better? I know how I must sound, but I don't know anyone my age (43) who has had this done and I am truly frightened! They are taking everything out so will be on HRT, which I am already as had one overie removed due to cyst and the other does not work....
Guess i just needed to talk to spomeone, all the other web sites I have looked at have told me that I will get fat, be in pain and go off sex forever!!!!
Hey girl,

I am 44 and will be having surgery the same day as you!!!
And a few days after surgery I will celebrate (maybe) my 45th birthday. And 2 days after that I will celebrate (maybe) my 20th wedding anniversary!

We are going to do this....
and DO IT WELL !

We're all a bit nervous. Even scared.
Just keep preparing well, and soon our Castle Day will be here.....
and then we can start on our recovery!
Unread 10-11-2011, 10:40 AM

yeah, the most frightening part is due to the fact that we are waiting for this to come to pass. and we fret and worry and think about this so much. it's like a big elephant that is in our way of our life. but the bottom line is that, this is for the betterment of our lives, to live longer. after talking with some of you all here on this precious website, it has given me comfort to know, i'm not really alone in this. lots of women are going through the same thing i'm going through. so it's a blessing to have this site to come together and share, and vent, and comfort one another. so ladies, we will be alright. i prayed on this, and we will be alright!
Unread 10-11-2011, 11:35 AM

Hi, im new. What is the difference between tah and sah?
Unread 10-11-2011, 11:54 AM

Hi,

I'm a new member and trying to get the grasp of this website. I am a 59 yr old female having a hysterectomy on Monday, October 17th. I'm just trying to connect and see what this site has to offer.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register