So Frightened! - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So Frightened! So Frightened!

Unread 10-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Re: So Frightened!

Bowl prep is really due to surgeons preference, some use it some don't, horrid but just go with it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2011, 11:40 AM

Bowel prep is also for safety reasons. It is actually better for the patient to have an empty GI tract because when gas builds up post surgery it is not as painful. It's not that bad. Mine had me do 2 Dulcolax the morning before surgery and a Fleets enema at night. Clear liquids all day. I really felt cleaned out and ready for a new start.
Unread 10-13-2011, 11:46 AM

My surgeon gives a high energy drink before surgery and a enema... Lovely!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshirelassy View Post
Full clear is what they call it after surgery. This means jello, pudding, broth etc. They gave me a cup of coffee since I reasoned it was a clear liquid! Wouldn't give me a glass of wine though! When I got home I stayed on the jello and added fruit. It takes a while for the bowels to come back and so you don't want constipation and a full digestive system. Mine came back in 3 days cause I did dulcolax stool softener.
so Yorkshire, when you were in the hospital, this is what they fed you? oh goodness!! this is what i have to look forward to for two days? ugh!! i hope the chicken broth have some flavor to it! lol!
Unread 10-13-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottaye View Post
so Yorkshire, when you were in the hospital, this is what they fed you? oh goodness!! this is what i have to look forward to for two days? ugh!! i hope the chicken broth have some flavor to it! lol!
Yep, that was it. I was so hungry. I kept asking them if I could have some real food. Finally the morning of my discharge they said I could have ice cream. It was awful. A private hospital too!
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Yep, that was it. I was so hungry. I kept asking them if I could have some real food. Finally the morning of my discharge they said I could have ice cream. It was awful. A private hospital too!
oh wow!! lol!! okay....clear liquids for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! oh gawwd!! i will have to psyche myself up for that. i know one thing, i better loose a pound or three out of this! lol!!!:lol
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:26 PM

Well I am assuming that this may not be standard. Anyway, I was disappointed as I weighed the same after surgery as I did before.
Unread 10-13-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Well I am assuming that this may not be standard. Anyway, I was disappointed as I weighed the same after surgery as I did before.
well, Yorkshirelass, just as long as we get through with this, that is the main thing. pounds or no pounds lost. lol! i just want these aliens out of me!! lol oh gawd!! why did i just had a vision from the Movie, "Alien?" lol!!!
Unread 10-13-2011, 02:05 PM

oh goodness! i'm having a vison of the fibroids jumping out of me while i'm in surgery and they are running accross the room!!! lol!!!!
Unread 10-19-2011, 07:29 PM

I was supposed to have my surgery Oct 18 and it got canceled due to one of my doctors getting sick in the middle of the night before my surgery. So now I get to go through the whole pre admission testing again which isn't bad just blood work and vitals. My doctor didn't have me do a bowel prep for my surgery...I am glad cause I would hate to do that again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register