So Frightened! - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So Frightened! So Frightened!

Unread 10-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Re: So Frightened!

Hi,

I am 44 and had an abdominal hyster one year ago. There will be pain. I won't pretend there won't be. Just stay on top of your pain meds. Take them even if you aren't feeling much pain, because once the pain comes on, its hard to take the edge off, so take those meds! I set my timer so that it would remind to take them every 4 hours.

Once you heal your sex drive will return.
You won't get fat unless you let yourself get fat.

I was in terrible pain due to endometriosis prior to the hyster. Now I feel much much better.

I've heard it said before that fear stands for false evidence appearing real. Sounds like you have a lot of fear. Try to visualize yourself after the surgery healthy and happy. Please try to get some rest. Always better to go into surgery feeling rested and healthy.

Once you have the surgery you will become very protective of your tender incision area. I assure you, you will find a way to keep the pets away.

It really won't be as bad as you are afraid it will be. You will get through it, and you will feel better in the end.

Sending hugs and healing positive energy your way!!

---------------------------------------------------
TAH 10/19/10 - endometriosis
Crohns, Fibromyalgia, Thyroid Cancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2011, 03:18 AM

I have to do a bowel prep,4 dulcolax at 3pm the day before surgery, at 5pm have to start drinking crystal light or gatorade laced with 8 1/2 oz of powdered mirolax, 8 oz every 15 minutes 64 oz in all...
im sure it will taste better than that stuff they give you for a colonoscopy but still :{, clear liquid all day prior also.. I could stand to lose a good amount of weight but hey what can ya do..
did ya know with the daVinci at least for me they will tip me at a head down angle to check oxegen levels and move my inside parts out of the way for 10 minutes before they put you out lol..
this should be interesting
Unread 10-22-2011, 11:08 PM

I just had my hysterectomy october 6th . I went with the divinci and I had bladder surgery at the same time. Im 45 years old. I went home the next day and yes the pain for me it wasnt that bad. Getting up from laying down was the worst. and the bottom pressure feeling from being constipated was very uncomfortable. I was given mild pain killers and didnt need a refill. Im taking right now tylenol. I was frustrated and still am about not being able to lift stuff or even go grocery shopping without my husbands help. He has been such a great support for me. The sex part I cant answer right now I am not interested yet but I cant have sex right now anyway and with bottom pressure everytime I try and do a few things it keeps the desire down but I will say this my husband seems excited about us having sex again and seems more ***** now then before . I believe it is hard for them being scared with everything that we have gone through they want to show us there untimate love it just has to wait. And Im hoping to approach our sex life once I get the green light with a new lease on life and sex. Ive read several places where sex is better afterwards. and im looking forward to finding out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2011, 11:56 PM

I'm having my surgery (TAH) on 11/2 and frankly I'm scared to death! I've only told a few of my closest friends...I won't even tell my mother or older children. My reason behind it is that I don't want them to worry ahead of time, that I will let them know afterward and let the cards fall where they may. After bleeding for over 55 days (I stopped counting) I just want to be done with this whole thing! I'm tired of being in pain (I still have fibro to worry about) and I'm really hoping that when "Wilson" (my tumor) is removed that life will be better. I can only hope.
Unread 10-24-2011, 08:04 AM

well, i have been having anxiety problems, from time to time. i think my problem is the wait. i'll just be glad when this is over for me. the doctor told me i can go home that sunday. (i have the surgery that friday morning so i'll be in the hospital for two days)
Unread 11-16-2011, 07:05 PM

Hi Justflojo....we had our surgery the same day and we are the same age! I hope everything went well for you and you are feeling better...Once we are all healed up we can work out and be with our mates again...but right now....I say again right NOW we have to get better,stronger healther....don't worry about all the self doubts just focus on your health...I know it's hard...Im a puffed up possum right now girl and my 25 class reunion is 2 weeks away...oh well I just had surgery so your just lucky I made it...lol
Unread 11-16-2011, 11:19 PM

Hi swretjane 68
How you doing ????
I am ok... Ish xxx
Unread 11-17-2011, 07:52 AM

Hi,
I bloated before my last surgery for 1 ovary/tube removal on 4th Oct, and not been able to shift it yet, but I did have some complications so pain has only really subsided in last few weeks properly. So am now going in for TAH on 22nd Nov with belly still quite swollen. I hate it, and was only yesterday trying on PJ's in a shop, looking sideways in the mirror and nearly crying. My fiance bless him was so patient, as I came out saying 'well this pair fit at momen, but will they still fit in a few weeks' in complete frustration.
I understand it will be hard to shift it, but not impossible, and am detemined to get into gentle excerise as soon as possible, and try to control it.
I also have concerns over sex drive, although I have noticed this was finally pain free when we managed it last weekend!! YaY!!
I could have cried with happiness. I am already post menopausal (went through at 30) so this may help. Some say it is much better without any pain, worrying about periods, pregnancy etc etc etc..
I hope all goes well for you and thinking of you xx
Unread 11-17-2011, 12:27 PM

Just flojo,
I am doing well thank you...my back is killing me because I fell down the stairs 2 weeks pre-opt and I can't be at my yoga classes 3 times a week now so sitting on my butt and "resting" in bed kind of sucks...lol...how about you?....are you getting about fairly well?....I hope so....keep in touch...we are on the same page...it will be good to compare our storys

sweetjane
Unread 11-21-2011, 05:11 AM

Hi Sisters, I had my TAH/BSO on October 27 and so far doing well. Still have my staples and taking blood thinners. Have some pain due to healing inside, and should not have worn loose pants, for they rubbed my incision and caused me to have a spot that the staples came out. They are keeping a check on it and I will know the next line of care once I go to my appointment on Wednesday 11/23. Still have some gas pain but I can honestly say I feel the difference in myself before I had the surgery. I hope you all will be up and about soon. Just please dont take things too fast, rest and take care of yourselves.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register