Fast growing fibroids! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fast growing fibroids! Fast growing fibroids!

Unread 10-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Fast growing fibroids!

Hello, I am 38, and have just this past Monday been diagnosed with possible fibroid's ... As of Monday my uterus was just below my belly button and now is above it..I dont go back to the dr until the 18th, to give enough time for all my test results to make it back in. I feel huge and tired! Anyone else have fast growing fibroids? We are not 100% sure that is what I have...but dr feels pretty sure that it is.
So overwhelmed and kinda scared...Had a friend tell me a horror story with similar symptoms that did not have a good outcome!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Re: Fast growing fibroids!

Please be reassured that just because you have fast growing fibroids, it does not mean that one has more serious issues than the fibroids themselves. I had fast growing fibroids that made my uterus grow from orange size to volleyball size in the matter of a couple of months. My pathology report showed that there was no malignancy anywhere. I too was worried even though my doctor had reassured me that I was fine but it still hovers in the back of your mind. If you do some research, cancer in fibroids is extremely rare. I wish you the best of outcomes.
Unread 10-08-2011, 11:34 AM

I completely understand you being scared and overwhelmed. My doctor has been watching a fibroid in my uterus for a couple years. In a couple months it grew considerably. I'm set to have a hysterectomy at the end of the month.

From everyone I've talked to and everything I've read this seems relatively common. I'm 37 and I was just talking to a woman 32 who had the same thing.

Hang in there and see what the doctor says. Sending good thoughts your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2011, 07:42 PM

Thank you so much for your replies! I did get the results of my pap and blood work today and everything is within normal limits! So that was a huge comfort to me!
Unread 10-08-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therese2010 View Post
I completely understand you being scared and overwhelmed. My doctor has been watching a fibroid in my uterus for a couple years. In a couple months it grew considerably. I'm set to have a hysterectomy at the end of the month.

From everyone I've talked to and everything I've read this seems relatively common. I'm 37 and I was just talking to a woman 32 who had the same thing.

Hang in there and see what the doctor says. Sending good thoughts your way.
Will keep you in my prayers for your hysterectomy and fast recovery!
Unread 10-09-2011, 07:07 AM

I also battled with fibroids, ultrasound showed three which didn't really concern my gyne, there ended up being fifteen quite large ones, boy do I feel so much better, good luck, by far the best thing I've ever done
Unread 10-09-2011, 07:34 AM

I understand the fear as I too have fast growing fiberoids and I am going to be having my surgery on the 18th of this month. It has been an emotional ride thus far for me. I wish you all the best and I am more than happy to be here for you if you need to talk. (((Hugs))) Lasso
Unread 10-09-2011, 02:51 PM

My fibroids were huge. Ihad a softball sized one, a volleyball sized one and several golf ball ones. I had a TAH 3 weeks ago. I feel so much better. Symptoms that I had and did not know were caused by the fibroids are all gone now too. I am so glad I did it.
Unread 10-09-2011, 03:32 PM

I also had fast growing fibroids. I started gaining weight and didn't know why. Then I started bleeding very heavy. When I saw the doctor he did an ultrasound which showed numerous large fibroids. He wanted to do the hysterectomy right away but my hemoglobin was too low. Long story short, I had the hysterectomy 3 months later after building up my blood.

The pathology report showed no cancer and I don't have anymore bleeding. Yeah! Emotionally it's been quite the ride but I'm glad we it's done. Good luck with your surgery.
Unread 10-10-2011, 06:58 AM

JMWD- I'm actually afraid of my next menstrual cycle...since this "thing" has been growing so quick, what will it do to my cycle? Should I be worried? I do think I am going to name "it" Fred...its got to be a male

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register