Fast growing fibroids! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fast growing fibroids! Fast growing fibroids!

Unread 10-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Re: Fast growing fibroids!

How was your recovery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2011, 09:36 AM

i truly can relate will all you sistas!! i too have about three or four very large fribroids in me right now. i go for a TAH Oct 28. i did a Pap test back in august and it came out normal. so glad at that but i'm just ready for these things to come out of me. yes, i've been stressed out at the up comming hysterectomy but i know it's for my own good. well one thing we will not have to worry about. no more periods and no more fibroids!! we are going to be, in Mary J Blidge's words, "FINE, FINE, FINE!!" and my prayers are with allyall!!
Unread 10-10-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdawna View Post
JMWD- I'm actually afraid of my next menstrual cycle...since this "thing" has been growing so quick, what will it do to my cycle? Should I be worried? I do think I am going to name "it" Fred...its got to be a male

I know that's right!!! i got three or four so i need to figure out names for mine too!! i don't have any kids, so maybe i can put my fibroids through college!! lol!

i needed this laugh!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2011, 10:04 AM

but now about the periods, i missed my period for september so i'm sure the fibroids has gotten so big it stopped it. that's probally the reason why i never had any kids. which in my case i don't regret. the strange thing is that when i was having periods, i didn't have any problems. no cramps or anything. my period came on time and it did it's 4 to 5 days and that was it. but no problems.
Unread 10-10-2011, 03:50 PM

Im scared too.. had my ultrasound this past Thursday... Three are the size of oranges and one the size of a plum. I call my uterus Quadzilla. My biopsy is on the 17th and Ill schedule my partial for as soon as I can. I worry how long Ill be in the hospital, what kind of anesthesia, will I end up with incontinence issues and what will happen to sexual desire. Glad to have found this site... at least I know Im not alone.
Unread 10-10-2011, 05:40 PM

Gardenangels, why are they doing a biopsy first? Is this the normal next step? I have all the same worries...can they just to like a spinal tap instead of being fully put out? I have heard from my friends that had a hysterectomy, that the sex life was BETTER and that they wondered why they didnt have it done sooner...so if that helps at all...
Unread 10-10-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottaye View Post
but now about the periods, i missed my period for september so i'm sure the fibroids has gotten so big it stopped it. that's probally the reason why i never had any kids. which in my case i don't regret. the strange thing is that when i was having periods, i didn't have any problems. no cramps or anything. my period came on time and it did it's 4 to 5 days and that was it. but no problems.
So it maybe that I dont have any more??!!!!! Not having a problem with that! I've got 6 days till I will know for sure (when I'm due to start)
Unread 10-10-2011, 05:55 PM

Akdawna,

We called mine Phoebe (the fibroid). My daughters came up with the name when the question came up that I looked pregnant. I looked 5 months pregnant in the space of 3 months. My periods where extremely heavy. I passed huge clots which is what lead me to see the doctor. I like your idea for Fred. Good luck and as you've found out....you have to keep a sense of humor. I'm enjoying not having to worry about periods anymore.
Unread 10-11-2011, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdawna View Post
Gardenangels, why are they doing a biopsy first? Is this the normal next step? I have all the same worries...can they just to like a spinal tap instead of being fully put out? I have heard from my friends that had a hysterectomy, that the sex life was BETTER and that they wondered why they didnt have it done sooner...so if that helps at all...
I dont know why... I was told I had a choice between the partial and an embolization...and the radiologist would need the biopsy..... but once they did the ultrasound, and I read up on just what an embolization was, the partial seems like the better choice for me. I called to cancel the biopsy, given the fibroids go to pathology anyway once theyre removed, but she wanted me to keep the appointment anyway. Im frustrated that Im talking about my treatment with the receptionist instead of my doctor.... and I know full well Im going to have to reschedule this thing anyway... Im bleeding for two weeks out of every month, and she put my appointment right smack in the middle of it!
Unread 10-11-2011, 05:28 AM

... and Im also worried Im going to end up one of that small percentage of women left peeing their pants and having the sex drive of a rock!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register