Fast growing fibroids! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fast growing fibroids! Fast growing fibroids!

Unread 10-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Re: Fast growing fibroids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuGu22 View Post
My surgery date is the same as yours. My doctor says I have fibroids and pelvic pain, along with heavy, heavy periods when they do come. Somedays my pain is so bad I have to take a pain pill and than I have these periods when it is so umcomfortable to sit down. I feel as is I want to pass something and wondering if it could be my uterus. My symptons have changed so much since August when I first saw the GYN/ONC and he tells me they cannot be certian what is going on until they get the pathology test back. I hope your surgery will go well.
oh gurl! bless your heart!! you are really going through it! i hope everything works out for you too with your surgery. i've been having back pains myself lately and sometimes it feels like my back is going to break. as far as periods, i have not had one since august. but no cramps. but these things are hard as a rock. after this surgery sweetie, we will all be doing a lot better! it's like being split in two almost. you want this done but on the other side, you are scared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2011, 12:06 PM

Hi had TAH 1 week ago due to fibroids that were growing out of control. They were so large that the verticle incision went around and above my belly button. It looks like a question mark made of staples. I only had a week to prepare so the fear and anticipation only lasted that long. It was a rough week but nothing compared to keeping those monsters in me and bleeding for weeks. Good luck, you will be better than new!
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdawna View Post
JMWD- I'm actually afraid of my next menstrual cycle...since this "thing" has been growing so quick, what will it do to my cycle? Should I be worried? I do think I am going to name "it" Fred...its got to be a male
Right? Cause it's such a pain in the @ss! I have a big one, and two smaller ones that I suspect are growing. They suck. Simply put. I literally PRAY that I get my period on a day off from work so I can literally lay in bed bleeding. So lame and so gross. I've had them since my mid 20's, and they grew during my two pregnancies, and haven't reduced down. I am scheduled for a Davinci snorfle (that is what I am calling it). I am over it. Fibroids can't kill you, but they can make you life feel like you would rather be dead. I am mostly looking forward to not being anemic anymore and not feeling like there is a big rock in my uterus. You will get your answers, and in the meantime....hang in there. Eat some dark chocolate and pick out some movies for your period days.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsarecool View Post
Hi had TAH 1 week ago due to fibroids that were growing out of control. They were so large that the verticle incision went around and above my belly button. It looks like a question mark made of staples. I only had a week to prepare so the fear and anticipation only lasted that long. It was a rough week but nothing compared to keeping those monsters in me and bleeding for weeks. Good luck, you will be better than new!
That is close to mine too. Mine goes up and around the belly button and then stops at the top of the navel. I had huge fibroids too. Hope you are healing well.
Unread 10-13-2011, 02:31 PM

I too have named my fibroids, Mickey and Minnie, since they are sitting on top of my uterus and look like Mickey Mouse ears according to my gyn. Also have horrible back pain during cycle that I never had before. Ugh!
Unread 10-13-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandraLW View Post
Right? Cause it's such a pain in the @ss! I have a big one, and two smaller ones that I suspect are growing. They suck. Simply put. I literally PRAY that I get my period on a day off from work so I can literally lay in bed bleeding. So lame and so gross. I've had them since my mid 20's, and they grew during my two pregnancies, and haven't reduced down. I am scheduled for a Davinci snorfle (that is what I am calling it). I am over it. Fibroids can't kill you, but they can make you life feel like you would rather be dead. I am mostly looking forward to not being anemic anymore and not feeling like there is a big rock in my uterus. You will get your answers, and in the meantime....hang in there. Eat some dark chocolate and pick out some movies for your period days.....
now you got that right! these fibroids do feel like you got a big rock inside of you. this is what probally giving my back the blues! i'm so ready to get these things out of me i don't know what to do! as far as periods are concerned, i have not had one since august, and when i was on them, the period flow was normal with no cramps. but now these fibroids just gotten too big. i want the anestesiologist put me out comepletely (but be sure to wake me back up! lol!)
Unread 10-13-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottaye View Post
now you got that right! these fibroids do feel like you got a big rock inside of you. this is what probally giving my back the blues! i'm so ready to get these things out of me i don't know what to do! as far as periods are concerned, i have not had one since august, and when i was on them, the period flow was normal with no cramps. but now these fibroids just gotten too big. i want the anestesiologist put me out comepletely (but be sure to wake me back up! lol!)

My periods would be CAKE without the ever present fibroids. It will be so odd to just NOT have a period. I am sure that I will get used to it quickly, but still weird.
Unread 10-13-2011, 04:27 PM

I still have not come to terms with the fact that I don't have to have a period anymore. It has been awesome to not wear a pad for 3 weeks now. It will be wonderful next summer for swimming etc. Before my surgery, I was getting some pads because I had heard there could be some bleeding afterward. So, I see that the brand I use has them on clearance because they are changing the packaging. Well, without even thinking, I bought 3 packs. I got out of the store and thought; What the heck did you just do, you won't need all these! I had become so used to buying a ton at a time that it hadn't hit me that I did not need to do that anymore. I didn't return them, just figured my daughter will use them. LOL
Unread 10-13-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandraLW View Post
My periods would be CAKE without the ever present fibroids. It will be so odd to just NOT have a period. I am sure that I will get used to it quickly, but still weird.
Oh yeah gurl! so true. you will be yelling FREEDOOMMM!! no more bleeding and no more pain!! good bye fibroids and don't come back no mo!!!
Unread 10-16-2011, 07:15 PM

Awe ladies!!! for some reason I am not getting my emails... Gotta ck my spam I guess. I am laying in bed so stinking tired of being tired! Got my period right on time and other than my back hurting and lower pelvic cramps and being tired.... I feel great!!! Lol I have read through all ur post and can I just say... You ladies are awesome!!! I have laid here laughing at some posts (Mickey and minney) and crying at others for all of the crap your doc have done or not done! Thinking of you all, blessing and happy thoughts for you all!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register