Surgery is October 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery is October 12 Surgery is October 12

Unread 10-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Surgery is October 12

I have loaded up on all the things on the pre op list however I was wondering if any of you have used maternity belly bands and if they helped.

My date is getting closer and I am nervous and unsettled. I have no children the emotional aspect of no children has been really hard for me the past few weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Re: Surgery is October 12

our date is the same day Oct the 12th, wishing you the best of luck .also i was wondering the same on the belly band.. if we don't have an abdominal surgery will a band still help, do you know?
Unread 10-09-2011, 04:15 PM

That makes three of us for the 12th. Are any of you really getting nervous? I know that I am. I am sure that I'm forgetting something that should be ready.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecat View Post
That makes three of us for the 12th. Are any of you really getting nervous? I know that I am. I am sure that I'm forgetting something that should be ready.
Very nervous I have packed my bag all but my tooth paste and D.O..
I have to be there at 4:30am for a 6:30 time..r y'all doing your toes nails so you don't have to right afterwords. I went ahead and did mine ..
Unread 10-09-2011, 08:53 PM

I'm on TuesdaY also! I'm getting my toes done tomorrow after prep blood work. Trying to stay calm but so worried about my recovery with 3 kids! Best wishes to us all!
Unread 10-09-2011, 09:29 PM

Good luck and best wishes to all you ladies for a successful surgery and recovery!
Unread 10-09-2011, 09:40 PM

I have preop tomorrow am and doing a spa date with my mom afterwards for a massage and pedicure. I have been very stressed with getting things tied up for work.
I have detached from many of my girlfriends and that has been the hardest. I don't think people understand what I am and have always been going through. I just feel like the constant advice giving and telling me "you can always adopt" stuff is making things worse for me.

My surgery is scheduled for noon on wednesday! I hate that it is mid day because it is expected to last at least 4 hours. Since I have severe endo and several surgeries with severe scar tissue looks like I may have to get a traditional hysterectomy. I will know for sure tomorrow but my doc was afraid based on my last doctors notes that a lypo assisted surgery would cause damage to other organs. This makes me the most nervous. But I am ready to live a normal life and feel better again.

I will keep everyone updated on my progress. Good luck ladies!
Unread 10-10-2011, 08:47 AM

My DR said that I couldn't have my toes or fingernails painted. but I guess I can live with that. I have to be there at 6:00 for an 8:00 surgery. I'm glad that I don't have to wait for later in the day. My heart goes out to you. Good luck and prayers to all the ladies in waiting for the 12th!!

I don't have anything packed!! I'm going to do that as soon as I get home tonight! That will take one thing off of me.
Unread 10-10-2011, 10:33 AM

Hi Princesses
My surgery was 9 weeks ago. TAH/BSO. I was told not to paint my fingers or toes cause they want to look and see if they are the normal colour or are turning purple! Also I was told that if you don't shave or do some kind of hair removal they will be it at the hospital. I went ahead and did it myself as one of my friends had the humiliation of having a male nurse do it at the pre op area. I used a pregnancy binder that I got on line. A friend had used the same kind post C section. It worked well for the first week. You will all do fine. The waiting is the worst. Try to get things sorted at home, a place you can rest during the day, easy drinks, snacks etc. I found that as I got closer to surgery and also post op I just started to take things hour by hour. If I could get throughnone hour, I got through the next. I needed very little pain support after the first few days. Oh yes, I forgot..... Get some Granny panties it is easier to deal with the abdominal pressure if you don't have anything tight.
Be well
Unread 10-10-2011, 03:32 PM

im going to shave myself i thinks its better if i do .i dont want razor rash if ya know what i mean .. i already did my toes but i left my fingers alone do you think that will be ok i did my toes white with ghost since its oct ..
Just 2 more days Oct 12 ladies ...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register