Surgery is October 12 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery is October 12 Surgery is October 12

Unread 10-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Re: Surgery is October 12

Hi there
They put little booties on younbefore surgery and some thigh high white support hose so they really can not see your toes anyway. They put a monitor thing on one of your fingers so leaving them bare is good.
When I spoke with my gyn who assisted the gyn/onc she told me to either do a Brazilian wax or nair. The reason being is that they are super concerned with infection and if I cut myself before surgery they would worry that I had infected something. I opted do do nair and I did it about 5 days before surgery incase I had any irritation. Are you having an incision or a laparoscopic surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshirelassy View Post
Hi there
They put little booties on younbefore surgery and some thigh high white support hose so they really can not see your toes anyway. They put a monitor thing on one of your fingers so leaving them bare is good.
When I spoke with my gyn who assisted the gyn/onc she told me to either do a Brazilian wax or nair. The reason being is that they are super concerned with infection and if I cut myself before surgery they would worry that I had infected something. I opted do do nair and I did it about 5 days before surgery incase I had any irritation. Are you having an incision or a laparoscopic surgery?

im having total vaginal unless he deems i need incision he said so really i want know 100% till its done witch i don't like im kinda a control freak and i like to know before thats why im stressing so bad ..
Unread 10-10-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug80 View Post
im having total vaginal unless he deems i need incision he said so really i want know 100% till its done witch i don't like im kinda a control freak and i like to know before thats why im stressing so bad ..
What is your pre op diagnosis? I think that for vaginal they would shave you for sure if you don't do it yourself. I think the booties etc are standard for any abdominal surgery. I understand your freak out. I had a choice of laparoscopic or incision and I went for incision because I wanted the surgeon to have a good look around while he was there.
I think it is normal to feel loss of control. Try to make this a lesson in letting go. I am also a control freak and I had a month before sugery to let go of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2011, 07:51 PM

Had my preop today and there have been some changes in my surgery. There will be two total doctors doing with a general surgeon on call. Seems I have a lot of damage to my bowel because of endo so the surgery will be more intense. It has been moved 2 hours later because of the new doctor.

Do my bowel prep tomorrow so wish me luck! I am ready to get this over with.
Unread 10-10-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicamichelle7 View Post
Had my preop today and there have been some changes in my surgery. There will be two total doctors doing with a general surgeon on call. Seems I have a lot of damage to my bowel because of endo so the surgery will be more intense. It has been moved 2 hours later because of the new doctor.

Do my bowel prep tomorrow so wish me luck! I am ready to get this over with.

good luck look for to seeing yall on the flip side....
Unread 10-10-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshirelassy View Post
What is your pre op diagnosis? I think that for vaginal they would shave you for sure if you don't do it yourself. I think the booties etc are standard for any abdominal surgery. I understand your freak out. I had a choice of laparoscopic or incision and I went for incision because I wanted the surgeon to have a good look around while he was there.
I think it is normal to feel loss of control. Try to make this a lesson in letting go. I am also a control freak and I had a month before sugery to let go of it.
endo, i bleed 23 days a month ,cysts,they r going to stretch my bladder he don't want to tack my bladder right now being it hurts me all the time .i have I.C ..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register