What hormone would cause numbness/ tingling in extremities? (2011) UPDATED 2015 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What hormone would cause numbness/ tingling in extremities? (2011) UPDATED 2015 What hormone would cause numbness/ tingling in extremities? (2011) UPDATED 2015

Unread 01-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Re: What hormone would cause numbness/tingling in extremeties?

Did you ever go to the neurologist? Are you better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2015, 09:10 PM

I went to a neurologist about a year after my hysterectomy, which was in 2011. This was because the GYN/ONCOLOGIST
kept asking me to "wait and see..give it time...etc."

I finally demanded a referral to a neuro, and he took his time getting me the referral. I had to ask him twice, and he still didn't do anything. I had to get the nurse navigator to request a referral on my behalf. Then the neuro took his time ordering me tests.

I told him that I had numbness in both hands and feet. My main complaint was weakness in the inner thighs of both legs. I was getting weaker and weaker.

A year went by and no one knew what it was, and the neurologist only had ordered and MRI of my lumbar spine, and nothing was amiss, only a swollen lumbar spine.

I was getting ready to leave that cancer hospital and go to another teaching hospital for another workup. I told the gastroenterologist of my plans to leave, and he asked me to repeat all of my symptoms again. He guessed that I had a severe spinal cord injury of my cervical spine, and asked my neurologist to order an MRI of my entire spine: Cervical (neck), thoracic (back) and lumbar (lower back).

The results were shocking. It showed that I had severe damage and blockage in my cervical (neck) area. I was on my way to becoming a paraplegic or quadriplegic.

I took my results and fled to a different hospital for another opinion. They agreed that I had damage, but thought that the damage might be due to transverse myelitis or MS. My symptoms were getting worse. I stood up one morning, and couldn't feel my right foot. I almost fell to the ground.

I started doing more research on my own.
I determined that if this was a mechanical damage, my condition could be permanent the longer I waited to have a cervical neck surgery. This is why I was so angry that my gyn/oncologist and neurologist gave me the run around for a year.

If it was mechanical, surgery would stop the progression of the neurological damage thus far. The surgery is a huge risk in and of itself. No guarantees. People have come out of the surgery in worse shape and with worse lifelong pain. Some can not walk, others are paralyzed from the neck down.

If it turned out to be MS after the surgery, they surgery and all of its risks would have been for nothing. I would just continue to decline.

Anyway, I decided to take a "leap of faith" and have my surgery because I had a gut feeling that it was mechanical.
The surgeon and MS doctor finally agreed that maybe it was mechanical.....but in reality, no one really knew. Time could tell, but I din't have the luxury of time. I was getting worse and weaker everyday.

I decided to take a chance and go for the surgery in January of 2013, after being evaluated my two neurologists, an MS neurologist, and a neurosurgeon who specialized in spines.
Unread 01-11-2015, 03:15 AM
What hormone would cause numbness/ tingling in extremities? (2011) UPDATED 2015

Hello!

The numbness and tingling are gone for the most part. I have been taking a B complex with iron and vitamin C for a while now. I also take a higher dose of vitamin D.
However, I moved on to another annoying symptom of itching all over with sporadic rash.
It is always something!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2015, 08:05 AM

I am so glad that your symptoms have gone away!
Unread 01-24-2015, 09:02 PM

Thank you!
Not all of them have gone away, some are permanent.
At least I can walk and exercise for now.
Unread 11-12-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogrl View Post
Just curious if anyone on biodentical hormones has experienced numbness/tingling in legs, feet, arms, hands and scalp. I have tried pills, now creams and it seems to happen about one week into them, with anxiety symptoms. Anyone else?

I am going through this now. And 2 wks off estrogen. Still have slight issues. And tongue feels weak. Now the Dr's want to send me to neurologist.
Unread 11-13-2016, 12:11 AM

I had all of these symptoms plus extreme anxiety and horrible insomnia. I am on HRT and had a great OB who got those hormones in perfect balance. I went to a lot of doctors after doing a cortisol test and found that my cortisol levels were really high. I am currently on my second endo and he says I'm showing a lot of signs of Cushings disease. I started to develop muscle weakness and had to quit my job where I had to stand for 9 hours a day. I gained weight out of nowhere. My eating habits never changed. It all started with tingling and wobbliness in my extremities. I suspected hormones out of balance. I was kind of right but it was the wrong hormones I suspected. I have spent the last 2 years chasing a diagnosis. Ask for a cortisol test. I should have done that straight off. It would have saved me an incredible amount of time. I really thought I was losing it. Its worth an ask and doctors will request it be added when you do your regular blood draws. I never had PCOS where this is usually common but once again it really all is in the hormones. Good luck. On the bright side my estrogen , progesterone and testoterone are in normal range. I finally got that right.
Unread 04-03-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belemilus View Post
I thought I was the only one who was dealing with tingling in the body. It is so annoying. It just makes you feel unwell.
Hi,

I had my hysterectomy last June 2016. After 3 months I experience tingling in my arms and legs. Did you take any HRT? Or it just went away after how many years. Coz its a major surgery that why our body needs time to heal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register