On the road with adenomyosis - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

On the road with adenomyosis On the road with adenomyosis

Unread 10-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Re: On the road with adenomyosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanny View Post
Hey auterrific
I feel like I've been reading my story- same random couple of years trying different pills , ablation etc and now scheduled for TAH on nov 1. I have to admit I have such mixed emotions & nerves! Going for pre- op appt on wed oct 19 so hopefully have more info after that. I feel like ever since surgery was scheduled everything has settled down a little so just have such mixed thoughts! Praying you get all the info you need too- would love to hear how you go
Blessings
Yanny xo
The more responses I get on this, the more I feel at ease. I can actually pinpoint to the time that this started really affecting me and I remember telling my obgyn that there was something wrong. That was almost 3 years ago and I amped up my efforts to conceive to no avail. I also go on the 19th to see her for consultation, but it will be pre-op according to her. She actually writes orders for my internist to do the surgical workup. I'll let you know more that day. I need to make my list of questions so that I get everything answered. Good luck to you as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2011, 01:53 PM

Well, had my pre-op consult and exam (wasn't planning on the exam but glad I got one). My case is being extended in a couple of ways. I am having a hysterectomy (taking the cervix but not the ovaries) via laparascopy. I will also have a posterior rectocele correction IF stitching of the vagina and removal of my uterus doesn't already correct the problem. Apparently, I have a uterine prolapse, which she said could be part of the rectocele issue. Sometimes the process of hysterectomy fixes that because of having to pull the vagina up a little. I will also have a Burch procedure to correct stress incontinence (not bad, but since I have it and we're in there, better to just go ahead and fix it).

My surgery date is firm and changed from when I thought it would be. It is now Nov. 15 because she wants a colleague working with her on this. In fact, he is my old doctor and is fantastic just as much as she is. So, I feel like I'm in good hands.

So, what do I do now? I think I need to read some more articles here about pre-op. Do I add my surgery date somewhere other than my profile? I must spend more time exploring here.

Oh, she did answer the question about sex after hysterectomy very well. She essentially said that in time I will find my new norm, but that in many cases women had a better sex life, though different and in very rare cases, it was negatively affected. She said it had a lot to do with where I started out on sexuality. I feel my husband and I have a very fulfilling sex life and can manage this and find what is best for us. At least that's my hope.
Unread 10-26-2011, 05:39 AM

Hey auterrific
I am now 5 days from tah and still having the mixed emotions as all of my bleeding/ cramping has displeased for last two weeks but then today I realized that if this is how it feels to be without bleeding and constant nausea, cramping, heaviness or bleeding- bring it on! I finished work today so now just tidying up few things and then I'll start and put together things for hospital!my dr said re sex that he wouldnt do it if he thought for a second it would affect it and others I've talked to said it was all good so feeling better about all that!
Ill let you know how things go on other side
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2011, 03:07 PM
feedback!

I have to let you know.... I am feeling great! I had the davinci total hysterectomy and within a week I was feeling pretty much back to normal! I get tired out pretty easy though, so I guess it is just important to remember to not do too much too soon! My pathology came back great, other than some cysts and polyps inside my left side tube and one on the ovary which was pretty big! The only abnormality with the uterus was that it was 2x its normal size but no growths in it or on it...... Doc said all of my pain must have been coming from that ovary and tube. Gone now! I have not had any hot flashes or mood swings. I don't feel as though my sex drive has changed (ie. I still want it hahaha) and other than that all is well! I hope you have an uneventful recovery too! Good luck!
Unread 10-27-2011, 03:08 PM

oh yes, one more thing... no bleeding at all as of yet. but I did stay on total bedrest for almost 10 days. it must have been the right thing to do

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register