Maybe a totally crazy question. . .I'm not thrilled by the idea of vaginal option - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Maybe a totally crazy question. . .I'm not thrilled by the idea of vaginal option Maybe a totally crazy question. . .I'm not thrilled by the idea of vaginal option

Unread 10-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Re: Maybe a totally crazy question. . .I'm not thrilled by the idea of vaginal option

It began with heavy painful periods and has now gone to continus pelvic pain & now bleeding after sex. I had a lap done to look around in april but nothong much was found except for a normal cyst. Im thinking that what ever is going on was in a early stage or hiding. I have tried all bit hyster and loupron after reasearching the shot made me uneasy so I choose hyster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Re: Maybe a totally crazy question. . .I'm not thrilled by the idea of vaginal option

Quote:
I have the paper work started by mail and will discuss the details further Nov. 2. I was told that most likely my doc will want to do a TVH. For some reason I just feel very uncomfortable with the thought of the amount of trauma that will happen to my vagina from this method. I would (for some reason) prefer to have a da vinci. It just seems like they can see more of whats going on though this method. Am I wrong to want to have this method over the other?
I had TVH, I feel great and had no trauma at all afterwards. I did take arnica pellets though, they help with bruisinig and swelling.

It is a matter of choice I guess, but the gas from Davinci or laproscopic sounds scarier to me. I had to have a TVT put in, so I had to have laproscopes to do that, the gas pain from it hurt more than my surgery...I was literally cryinig the one day because of gas pain.

Good luck...you have to make the right choice for you.

PS, I talked to my doc about it, he said they pull everything out cut what they need, and if the ovaries look ok they put them back in...not sure if that helped or made it worse...
Unread 10-11-2011, 01:53 PM

Ive had 3 surgeries with gas and didnt have any issues with that. I guess im lucky. Im also considering having bladder work done. While I like to multitask I dont enjoy sneezing and peeing at the same time LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2011, 02:21 PM

I had bladder work done as well. Anterior repair with TVT..you are really lucky with not having gas problems.

Like I said, I was crying it hurt so bad, I couldn't believe after everything they did to me, my pain was solely caused from all the air.
Unread 10-11-2011, 02:30 PM

I am having a da Vinci and they are taking my uterus out through my vagina. My doctor said they could cut it up and take it out of my abd if I preferred but the incision would have to be bigger.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register