Leg and hip pain... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Leg and hip pain... Leg and hip pain...

Unread 10-13-2011, 05:53 AM
Leg and hip pain...

Please tell me that the leg and hip pain goes away after surgery! I am 6 days away from my daVinci hysterectomy, due for my period yesterday and having THE WORST leg and hip pain ever! The pain radiates from my hip and down my leg and is worst at the end of the day and through the night. I have multiple fibroids and possible adenomyosis -- is that where the pain comes from? I am just hoping that it is not something else and that it goes away after surgery!

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Re: Leg and hip pain...

The pain could be from the fibroid pushing on a nerve. To put your mind at ease I would call your family dr and ask to get an x-ray of your lower back and that way you can rule out any other problem, so you know what to expect after surgery. Remind the dr you have surgery in 6 days so he/she won't brush you off. Good luck with everything!
Unread 10-13-2011, 11:44 AM

Hi Beth,

I'm a month away from my hysterectomy and have similar pain issues. I expect that they will diminish or go away after surgery and here's why:

I had back pain years ago and physical therapy, chiropractic and massage did nothing for the pain. I had other issues as well, which finally led to a diagnosis of uterine fibroids. (A long and frustrating story) My GYN at the time indicated that the cause of my back pain was most likely the fibroids - not something I would have considered.

I had a Hysteroscopy to remove the fibroids and did not suffer the lower back pain again until the fibroids came back.

Now, not only do I have continuous lower back pain, I suffer leg pain during my periods - mostly in my knees and ankles. I have numerous fibroids and some of them are quite large, making my uterus much larger than it was before the first surgery. Based on the results of my earlier hysteroscopy, I have a strong suspicion the pain will subside.

It could be only wishful thinking, but I don't think so. At any rate, I'm assuming, like me, you are having a hysterectomy for other reasons than the pain. If back and leg pain reduction is a byproduct of my hysterectomy, I will consider it a bonus - just like it will be a huge bonus if my menstrual migraines go away or are diminished.

Best of luck to you on the 19th!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2011, 12:36 PM

Well, the pain is the main issue! LOL I have multiple fibroids, adenomyosis, heavy, heavy bleeding, lengthy periods, bleeding in between periods, etc. etc. etc. in addition to all the pain!

Thanks for the insight -- I'm really hoping that the leg pain disappears after next Wednesday!

Beth
Unread 10-13-2011, 12:53 PM

Hi there, I always had that leg, hip and all sorts of other pains connected with endometriosis and adenomyosis. I sometimes could bearly lift my feet off the ground to walk. Am now almost 13 weeks post op and have none of that... yey!! Am not going to lie to you, I do still get pain where my muscles are healing after a total abdominal hyst, but this reduces and I feel stronger with each week that passes. I really hope that it works for you too. Best wishes x
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:04 PM

Vzt -- thank you! It really does help to hear that I'm not crazy and others know what I'm talking about when I describe this pain!

I am having the daVinci surgery and having everything removed!

Are you on HRT? I can't be because of a blood-clotting disorder -- so that's another topic altogether! I'm going to take the wait and see approach to see what I might do about menopause symptoms!

Beth
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:35 PM

Hey Beth - let me know how it goes 'cause I'm hoping the same!

Sounds like we have a lot of the same issues - bleeding, bleeding and more bleeding followed by anemia - at least for me. Here's to less stress and reduced pain for the both of us!
Unread 10-13-2011, 07:45 PM

I have all that kind of pain too and my doc was confident that most of it will go away.. Adenomysis causes a lot of back pain according to my doc...

I sure hope that is the case. Like you I need a break from the pain... Good luck
Unread 10-13-2011, 08:29 PM

I started having leg and hip pain today as well as a stabbing pain in my left side....davinci isn't scheduled until Nov 16 . I am struggling with finding the energy to make it until then and hopeful this will go away soon?! Best of luck and thanks for sharing (I really needed to hear I'm not crazy after the day I've had) : hug:
Unread 10-13-2011, 09:19 PM

(((HUGS))) back, Peredue98!

Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register