Leg and hip pain... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Leg and hip pain... Leg and hip pain...

Unread 10-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Re: Leg and hip pain...

I have had leg & hip pain for a few years and never really attributed it to my fibroid. I'm hoping that is the culprit and I will get rid of that pain after surgery!! You've given me hope!!
I'm having an abdominal hysterectomy next Wednesday (same day as you) and I'm more than a little nervous!! Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2011, 06:38 AM

Kelly,

I'm actually excited for my surgery! I have done a lot of research and know that I'm making the right decision. Last year I had to have my gallbladder removed -- I agonized over that decision and looked into all kinds of natural remedies -- in the end I chose the surgery (which was laparoscopic) and I felt SO good after surgery! My recovery went very well, and I was thinking, "Why didn't I have this done sooner?!" I'm hoping that's going to be the case with the hysterectomy. I really like my doctor, too, so that helps!

I hope you have a good experience! I will be praying for you! We'll have to keep in touch and compare notes!

Beth
Unread 10-14-2011, 11:09 AM

I too hope the pain goes away. For the last few years I've had back, hip and leg pain. It is often worse during my period but I live with it every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2011, 12:10 AM

Thanks so much Beth for the words of encouragement and the prayers! I will be praying for you too!!
I too really like my doctor, but I'm still nervous! I hate being put to sleep. I think that's my main thing!! I'm not in much pain so I've put it off for awhile!
I'm hoping your hysterectomy has the same positive out come as the gall bladder surgery!

Kelley
Unread 10-15-2011, 01:08 PM

My hyst is Monday and I too have the leg and hip pain- so bad its hard to go up and down stairs. I'll be heading home when you're heading to the castle but I hope at the end we can be celebrating and JUMPING around we're so pain free!
Unread 10-15-2011, 03:41 PM

artjude21 -- Amen to that! Best wishes on Monday!

Beth
Unread 10-15-2011, 03:52 PM

Hi all, I too have terrible lower back, hip and leg pain. I have been having physical therapy and chiropractic therapy for over 4 mos., but the pain does not diminish and I have no injury. I am scheduled for a total hysterectomy and oopherectomy Nov. 29. I am 30 and I also suspect fibroids, but have not been diagnosed, my family is plagued with hysterectomies due to fibrosis. However, my surgery is due to Endometriosis. I have had other procedures in the past, including surgery and have tried BC twice, but was unable to take it. I am hoping that the pain will go away and feel quite confident that it will. I feel like it stems from my female organs if that makes sense to anyone. It's not really like the pain I experienced with a pulled muscle and not like the pain I experience with a shoulder injury and the two bulging discs I have in my neck. It feels like it comes from deep inside, in front of my pelvis into my lower back and radiates down my hips and legs. It is worse during my period. This is what makes me sure it is related to my female problems. Anyone elses' pain similar? I'll post a followup after surgery.
Unread 10-15-2011, 09:06 PM

Perdue98 my date isnt til nov 28th and I have been having days like yours lately. I feel so useless. So much to do yet I feel.like my butt is dragging 100 ft behind me. I'm just hoping time flies! As for leg pains I.have those too. I have read alot of post op stories on how people feel like their a whole new person so I hope that this hyster will fix my long list of problems.
Unread 10-16-2011, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowinsight View Post
Vzt -- thank you! It really does help to hear that I'm not crazy and others know what I'm talking about when I describe this pain!

I am having the daVinci surgery and having everything removed!

Are you on HRT? I can't be because of a blood-clotting disorder -- so that's another topic altogether! I'm going to take the wait and see approach to see what I might do about menopause symptoms!

Beth
Hi Beth - I am on hrt, my doctor got me on it straight away, but I don't think it has anything to do with the lessened pain - I believe that the lessened pain is due to removing the cause. Good luck everyone with all your ops & healing x
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:48 AM

We will be brand new women . I have to keep telling myself that anyway..lol. We just have to remember that we are most important and everything will fall into place

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register