Preparing for surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Preparing for surgery Preparing for surgery

Unread 10-13-2011, 06:43 AM
Preparing for surgery

Hi I am a 29 years old and scheduled to have a hysterectomy on October 20th. I have been researching on the web trying to find as much information as I could on the procedure and found ths website and I am so glad I did! I am having a hysterectomy done due to heavy irregular periods that I have dealt with for over ten years, horrible stomach pains and severly bloated stomach. Ultrasound showed I have severe pelvic congestion syndrome, CIN2 cervical dysplasia, and 2 very large cyst in my left ovary and multiple cysts in my right ovary. After different BCP's, 2 D&C's, IUD, Colopscopy and biopsies. My doctor and I decided on this option. I'm a little nervous about the surgery and would love input on the surgery itself and how you were after the surgery when you were completely healed. Thanks so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Re: Preparing for surgery

I am sorry you are dealing with this. But, you have come to the right place for understanding and support from many strong, wonderful women.

Everyone heals differently, and so it is hard to compare one woman to the next even with the same surgery. But, in general, recovery from this surgery can take a while. It is MAJOR SURGERY, and you body will need time to heal. You will have lifting restrictions - probably no more than 10 lbs for six weeks. You will probably have movement restrictions, sexual intercourse restrictions, as well as driving restrictions. You will need someone to help you at home for a while.

You may want to read some of the information on this site which discusses checkpoints for 1 to 6 weeks post op. That might help you with the healing progression.

Unread 10-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Re: Preparing for surgery

Thank you so much for replying. I am a little nervous. I am a very active person so I think the restrictions are going to bother me more then anything. This is such a great website. Im glad I found other women who have gone through what I am about too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register