Scheduled TAH Will he still see me the same?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will he still see me the same?? Will he still see me the same??

Unread 10-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Re: Will he still see me the same??

Hello
Im in the pre-op stage also, believe me theres been some meltdown moments. I can tell you all my hubby is worried about is me feeling better. The only thing he keeps joking about is how long I.m out of commision after words and
long he has to wait for "fun time" LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2011, 11:34 AM

"I" am more than just an organ in my body. I know that in my heart, spirit, mind, and soul that I am a woman. I don't feel any less of a woman since my hysterectomy. I fact, I feel more of a woman. I don't hurt, I don't bleed out once a month, I don't have the foggy head and fatigue of anemia. I think, I feel, I believe, I know that I am even more "ME" now than I was before. I can give more of myself, more time, more energy, more knowledge, more patience, more creativity, more,

More in part because I have one week or more every month that I'm not losing to my period.

I look forward to the new "ME" for the person I am becoming, for the knowledge I will gain, for the time and energy I have to give. I am looking forward to finding out who I am.

Yes, you will grieve and mourn, but also enjoy the process of becoming the new you and welcome and embrace your own sense of self.
Unread 10-13-2011, 11:49 AM

My DH and I talked a little about this before my surgery - he sees my surgery as me having things that have been hurting me fixed. He is looking forward to not worrying about when my period might be starting, and REALLY looking forward to not having to think about birth control ever again. We are both looking forward to sex being possible whenever we want it to be, without thought of birth control. I'm 2.5 weeks post op now, and I've had some bumps in the recovery road - nothing major, just enough to make me feel bad. I'm looking forward to feeling "all better", and counting down the weeks until we can see how things are sexually, and just explore this new life together. Wishing you all the best with the surgery & recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2011, 12:48 PM

My hubby says I'm more fun WITHOUT my uterus. Apparently my sex drive has increased about a Billion % and he's having a hard time keeping up! Also, as stated before, no periods to ruin the fun! You are about to enter the land of awesomeness and it is FUNNNNN! Just take care of yourself and move at a pace you are comfortable with!
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:51 PM

You have a valid point and you aren't crazy to feel this way.

I guess all I can really say to you, is, I feel more of a woman now than when I had a cervix and uterus.

All they did was cause me pain and sporadic bleeding.

I can be sexy, wear lingerie, and have all the sex without any worries.

Best wishes to an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery!
Unread 10-13-2011, 02:04 PM

I'm not married and have surgery in Dec 2011, I have the same feelings except I wonder will anyone "want me" after...that sort of thing. I think this is a normal thought for all of us. Dont know your reason for having the surgery, but I know i am looking forward to no more pain. Good luck!
Unread 10-13-2011, 06:51 PM

I am going through the same feelings right now, with my surgery less than six days away. I have been feeling fear that I will feel like less of a woman. Yesterday I ovulated, and it hit me that this is my last ovulation with a uterus. Never again. I guess that is not such a big deal, but still the thoughts creep in...and become irrational to the point where I'm saying I'm going to miss my periods. Well, three days of crippling pain and massive bleeding every 24-27 days and I'm going to miss it??

Today I tried looking at it as I'm having a whole bunch of fibroid tumors removed, and focusing less on the uterus part of it.

I've read through all the responses and just want to say that there are so many helpful words of wisdom and advice. Also helps to know I'm not alone. Thanks for reading this.
Unread 10-13-2011, 08:43 PM

I haven't had my TAH yet... lovely Canadian wait times. I think as long as my doctor doesn't sew me vagina shut my husband is going to be A OK with my surgery. Actually, I think he is looking forward to it as much as I am. He wants me to be pain free. Your husband loves you for you not your organs. Best wishes with your up coming adventure.
Unread 10-27-2011, 01:16 PM

Sorry your going through this I went through it and from experience I can tell you my husband sees me the same. He does love me still I think even more cause he knows I have endured a lot and he is happy he is not the one that had to go through this. It is life changing for anyone around you but it can be turned into something positive and that is what me and my husband have done and we try to be as positive as we can through. Love doesn't count how many fingers, toes, or whatever else extra or less you have it just lives in your heart and it gives. Best of luck.
Unread 10-27-2011, 02:22 PM

These are very rational concerns and not silly at all! I worried about this alot before my surgery too... would I feel the same, would he feel the same about me, would he still find me sexy, etc. Truth is the only time men care about these organs of ours is when they're hurting us. Men are very visual creatures, they want the things they can see and don't think about the ones they can't. We still have the boobs and vagina and that's plenty enough to make them happy. My DH feels no difference in the way it feels inside during sex. And I'm sure if I didn't mention the loss of my cervix/uterus, he would have long forgotten about it by now!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register