Scheduled TAH Will he still see me the same?? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will he still see me the same?? Will he still see me the same??

Unread 10-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Re: Will he still see me the same??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucksrock View Post
I haven't had my TAH yet... lovely Canadian wait times. I think as long as my doctor doesn't sew me vagina shut my husband is going to be A OK with my surgery. Actually, I think he is looking forward to it as much as I am. He wants me to be pain free. Your husband loves you for you not your organs. Best wishes with your up coming adventure.
Canucksrock: how long have you been waiting? The day I decided to have the surgery I was given a date immediately and it was only a month out. Not sure what part of the province you live in, I'm an hour outside Vancouver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2011, 02:58 PM

I had this same feeling initially, but then I thought, "Would I look at my husband differently if he had to lose a testicle?" My answer was obviously no, especially if it was because of debilitating pain and turned him into a complete crab for half the month or more. I would want it gone so I could have my hubby back.....so I turn that around as his perspective. I know he loves me, the important parts are sticking around and he gets his wife back. He's actually getting a lot out of this surgery.
Unread 10-27-2011, 03:52 PM

When I would get sad about the surgery and my DH couldn't understand why I would tell him imagine how you would feel if you lost your testicles. Then he understood...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2011, 08:01 AM

Your husband will still feel the same about you. Unless you make it a big issue he won't dwell on it. Take care of you and be a happy wife and he will be crazy about you
Unread 10-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Will he still see me the same??

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuston578 View Post
I have an upcoming TAH on Oct 28th. I am really concerned after I have no parts left on the inside, if my husband will see me the same. I have spoken to him and he says nothing will change, but I don't know if he would tell me or if he even knows for sure if he would at this point or not. I wonder sometimes if I worry about this because I am going to see myself differently, if I am somehow going to be less of a woman than I was before. I o that those parts are not what makes us women, but it does feel to me like I am loosing some of my femininity. I am sure this sounds completely crazy, but this is just one of the things running through my mind that I needed to get off my chest.

I feel the exact same way!!!! My husband doesn't really understand what I mean.... but he is a very good man and still says to me I still have all the parts. And I say I will be an "it" lol. And he is fixed so he say back, does that make him an it??? Not exactly the same surgery.... but I see his point. All he cares about is of I feel better. I still will love him with or not with my parts......but its hard to think ill still be feminine. Ugh......guess we all find out ourselves. Good luck to all.
Unread 10-28-2011, 10:29 AM

Please ladies stop thinking that we are less of a woman or less feminine without our parts. We still have the important parts that makes us women. I look at it this way....those parts that I had removed made my quality of life horrible. All that bleeding and pain didn't make me feel very feminine at all. I feel so free now and thrilled that I will never deal with that again. Not to mention those big pads and ugly underwear to hold those pads in place ugh how feminine is that?
Unread 10-28-2011, 11:44 AM

My hubby says he can't wait for me to feel better. It actually creeps him out that I'm full of alien growths.

I'm sure your hubby is more concerned with having you feel good rather than some organs that are making you sick.
Unread 10-28-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee2827 View Post
Please ladies stop thinking that we are less of a woman or less feminine without our parts. We still have the important parts that makes us women. I look at it this way....those parts that I had removed made my quality of life horrible. All that bleeding and pain didn't make me feel very feminine at all. I feel so free now and thrilled that I will never deal with that again. Not to mention those big pads and ugly underwear to hold those pads in place ugh how feminine is that?
This is SO true. With all of my issues....and then finding out I had a fistula between by bladder and vagina....I felt TOTALLY unsexy. Hubby didn't get it, but I just have started to hate that area of my body and didn't want any intimacy because of it. Once these issues are fixed, all those hang ups will be gone and I think I will feel more feminine and more HUMAN after all is said and done!
Unread 10-28-2011, 01:24 PM

Oh my gosh! My DH was so happy when they scheduled my hysterectomy! He told me that they could take out every part in my body as long as it made me feel better and took the pain away! He couldn't take me being in pain anymore! I am sure your DH will also see you as a complete woman again as he will know that you are no longer in pain and suffering! None of our husbands want to see us in pain. Heck! I have gone through 4 surgeries now since my hyster on Sept. 19th and my husband is still loving me and caring for me. He just wants me to heal and be pain free again. Give your husband a chance! He just wants what is best for his wife! Hugs to you dear sister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuston578 View Post
I have an upcoming TAH on Oct 28th. I am really concerned after I have no parts left on the inside, if my husband will see me the same. I have spoken to him and he says nothing will change, but I don't know if he would tell me or if he even knows for sure if he would at this point or not. I wonder sometimes if I worry about this because I am going to see myself differently, if I am somehow going to be less of a woman than I was before. I know that those parts are not what makes us women, but it does feel to me like I am loosing some of my femininity. I am sure this sounds completely crazy, but this is just one of the things running through my mind that I needed to get off my chest.
Unread 10-28-2011, 02:59 PM

I recently had a TAH and am still at home recovering. I had 1 week to prepare for surgery because the fibroids were taking over my middle. My husband (of 18 years) knew how horrible they were making me feel and I would hid my buldging stomach all the time. We could never have children so these parts never did anything for me anyway other than allow me to bleed three weeks out of the month and make me plan our trips around periods. This time has really brought us closer as a couple. I have a foot long verticle scar going above my belly button and although it looks gross now I feel so much better and am really happy for this time he and I have had to just talk, laugh and grow closer. Best of luck to you and use this site often. It has been a great help to me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register