Scheduled dVH/RALH Scheduled surgery November 14 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scheduled surgery November 14 Scheduled surgery November 14

Unread 10-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Re: Scheduled surgery November 14

I too am having a hysterectomy November 14th. Although I will not know if it will be laperoscopic or regular. My pre op is Nov 8th I hope I find out more then. I had a double mastectomy March 23rd and had the final stage of reconstruction on September 19th. I was diagnosed with Lobular Carcinoma in situ ( pre cancer) and was referred to have a hysterectomy because my estrogen receptors where greater than 90%. My mom died of breast ca, her brother had it and his daughter had it. They both survived. I am more concerned about what pathology will find in my ovaries and above all Menopause!!!! If I can't have HRT because they want to stop the estorgen so the cancer wont grow. What am I in for hot flashes, mood swings, painful intercourse? Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2011, 08:29 AM

My mom and grandma both went through menopause without hormones. They both did fine! My mom had chemo from breast cancer that put her into it and she says she still has her libido! And the hot flashes go away after awhile and they only last a minute or so. I've been getting hot flashes for 9 months and they really aren't that bad. I wear my hair in a ponytail Because I break out in a sweat a lot. But you can get through it ! From what ive read the hormones have so many awful side effects I wouldn't want to take them anyway! I can't take hormones because I'm BRCA2+ so I'm going to go through it naturally too. My latest breast MRI showed suspicious areas. I'm getting a profolactic double mastectomy / reconstruction this December . Don't worry so much about menopause- you will get through it just fine!
Unread 10-16-2011, 08:51 PM

I am having a Davinci November 14th also. This site has been so helpful. I also agree waiting is sooo hard. I just want to be done. My mom is flying in the day before my surgery and staying for three weeks to take care of the house and kids.
I have a bicornuate uterus and I think maybe some endo or scar tissue from my two c-sections. Last month I had 18 days of bleeding. I am supposed to keep my ovaries, but always have had a lot of pain and bloating every month with my right ovary. I am thinking about having the DR remove it. I wonder too if having an ovary removed will help reduce the hormones and acne I get every month. I am not sure what to think....
I am really glad to meet everyone. We will have to keep in touch throughout this process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2011, 03:48 PM

I'm having my overies removed due to cysts and the fact that I'm BRCA2 +. I say if you have any problems at all just remove everything! It's better to do it all at once then have to go back for more surgery later. We are all going to go through menopause sooner or later. Also you can take estrogen - I can't due to my genes but many women can. That's just my opinion- talk to your dr about it. Good luck!
Unread 10-22-2011, 07:00 PM

I found out Thursday there is something going on with my Right ovary so the DR will remove it and will make the decision about the other during the surgery. I am having a lot of endo symptoms. If he finds endo he told me he would burn out the endo lesions as well. I am a little concerned about menopause if both ovaries are taken, but I am so ready. Waiting is so hard!!!!!
Unread 10-22-2011, 07:10 PM

It's hard to wait- I agree! I just want to get it over with! I allready get hot flashes and I'm only 42 - so I guess in in perimenopause now. Going all the way through it doesn't really bother me. I've had all my 5 children and I'm just ready for a new phase in my life. I'm praying I don't have cancer. I just wish it was over and done with! Soon, I keep telling myself, soon !! Hugs!
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:33 PM

I am getting ready to start my final period before surgery. It is kinda a wonderful but strange to think this will be the last time I will have to deal with these issues. I am just praying it waits until the weekend so it dosent effect my jobs.
Unread 10-27-2011, 10:26 AM

I had da Vinci on July 14. Best thing in the world!!!! Take it really easy at home. Rest alot, drink lots of water, and get up and walk every hour during the day. Just a few slow laps around the house. By 1 week I felt so good. I took naps for a few weeks tho. I went to the mall at 2 weeks and when I got home I was spotting. So when you overdo it, you'll know. I pooped on 3rd day after surgery. Take the stool softeners. I only took 1 percocet after I got home. Took a few advil. Pain wasn't bad. Again--- walk, and rest and drink water. It was the best thing I've ever done!!!!!
Unread 10-27-2011, 12:00 PM

Thank you- it's so good to hear from someone who's been through it! It really is helpful to get advice too. Hugs
Unread 10-28-2011, 09:13 PM

Good luck girls! I am scheduled for Nov. 17th! Mine will be a Total Vaginal Hysterectomy, Laproscopic if she needs help getting the ovaries. Four beautiful kids, oldest and only daughter will be 13 just 3 days after my surgery! I am a little worried because they will all 4 be out of school the entire week after my surgery for Thanksgiving break......guess I should've thought this through....postponing is not an option, just wished they could get me in sooner!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register