Hospital pre-op today, Nerves now.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hospital pre-op today, Nerves now.. Hospital pre-op today, Nerves now..

Unread 10-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Hospital pre-op today, Nerves now..

I went for my hospital pre-op today. It was really a breeze.
Signed a few forms.
Took insurance info.
went over meds and what to do before hand.
had blood work done.

Like I said it was all a breeze but now I am starting to get nervous and streesed.

Because I have been in pain I have not got the house done. This weekend is a big push for all the family to clean.

Then my 13 yo just told me he was sick with fever and sore throat. I told him to stay away from me... Do not need to get sick right before surgery. I feel bad that I am not playing nurse to him.

my 18yo is to take over school transport. Love him and he is a great kid but he is not ever on time. My 16 yo is an on-time gal and is already stressing that she will be late to classes. Being late to one school is OK but the other it will mess up her lab and she will not be able to make it up.

I am still trying to find a pair of comfy pants. Nothing around here is suiting me. I thought I would just go in men's sleep pants but thought it would look too odd. Still can not get into the whole wear jammies in public thing.

I asked my hubby if he was going stay at the hospital while I had my surgery. His response " do you want me to?" OK I was looking for an answer that was more like "Wild horses could not keep me away". I know men don't always say what we want to hear the way we want to hear it and that I have to be more direct but when he was in the hospital for 10 days you could hardly get me to leave his side.

I trying not to become zombie-mom right before I leave but things need to get done. ARG!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Re: Hospital pre-op today, Nerves now..

Sounds like a good idea and to be careful so you don't get sick.

Regarding clothing, find something that will be loose and comfy. Everyone has there choice - I wore sweat pants to the hospital, and spent most of my weeks post-op also in sweat pants / old, loose fitting shorts.

Regarding husbands, yep sometimes they don't get it - they just don't really understand what this surgery is. I am sure he will be there for you.

Good luck....

:hugs2u:
Unread 10-14-2011, 08:47 PM

It's perfectly normal to be nervous! I don't even know when my surgery is yet, and I'm nervous.

I told my hubby today (had my second opinion appointment, so lots of thoughts running through my head) that he should start reading up on what is recommended for husband's to do to help out with this kind of surgery. His response was, "I'll just do what I always do.....whatever you tell me to." It made me laugh, but then I told him that I don't want to have to tell him what I need all the time, so he needs to start reading up.

Good luck with your surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2011, 09:32 PM

I know he gets it. Today he asked me to mail something for him.. I manage his office... I met him downtown to get the items he needed and he saw me.
irst thing out of his mouth was "Oh My... this thing is really kicking your butt...I can see it in your eyes...." he is very concerned for me.
Today the hospital said I need someone in my room with me for 3 hours after recovery. So that means he stays.

I worked out the kid issue about school. My sister is going to help...

Still looking for my "comfy" pants... I may be over looking this. I have so many clothes you would think I could just find something in my pants drawer.
Unread 10-14-2011, 10:27 PM

Maybe a pair of yoga pants that are a couple of sizes too big?
Unread 10-15-2011, 09:59 PM

Many sisters have done yoga pants; I did sweat pants and old shorts. What you need is something that is loose fitting, and sometimes that might mean a size too big for you now. Your belly will be swollen out of surgery and will be like that for a while.

Good luck...

(((HUGS)))
Unread 10-16-2011, 12:22 AM

Ok I just went thru all my pants and I could not find something that was that loose. I guess it will be a shopping trip for me.
Unread 10-16-2011, 06:36 AM

I live in pajama pants so I found the most obnoxious ones I could. I dont care. It's my castle to take. LOL. My surgery is tomorrow and I too worry about kids and hubby and them being cared for. Mine are Lott ire though 2,4 and 7. My 7 year old is a great helper to his little sisters but they are still just kids. I'm thankful to have a great church and I am a leader with the youth so many teens are willing to help. Praying
Unread 10-16-2011, 11:33 AM

I know this would be a lot harder if I had young ones. I am lucky because my teens are wonderful and so willing to help me.

Found a pair of pants... seems kinda funny to stress over such a silly little issue.
Got my bag packed... not really taking too much.

As for the house cleaning... I guess it will be what it will be...
Unread 10-16-2011, 03:54 PM

thinking of all you sister's today!!! going to talk with my thursday, time to ask the questions and get some answer's!!!
my surgery isnt until the 29th of november, but I have my little stash working already---- went to the Cape (Cod) to visit a friend this weekend, bought myself reacher grabber thingy, one of those bed sitting pillows, have the heating pad in the corner, my bed is on the higher side so that will be good.
Ok talking about husbands, how can we make them understand what we will go through? He wont go to the with me and I dont know if he will believe all I tell him.
All he keeps telling me when I tell him what is said on this site is all you say is you cant do this , you cant do that.. why dont you wait and see how it goes...
I understand that and he is a dear man, but I think he will want me up and doing stuff before im ready that is what I worry about, I dont want to go backwards and back in the hospital

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register