In sooo much pain :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

In sooo much pain :( In sooo much pain :(

Unread 10-14-2011, 08:02 PM
In sooo much pain :(

Surgery isn't scheduled until Nov 16th and I'm in so much pain....just getting off Lupron and the endo pain is worse than ever....constant aching and frequent stabbing pain and now the doc wants me to have another Lupron shot to "hold me over" until surgery....I HATED the side effects from the Lupron but can't function with this pain either Lord I pray this pain to end!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Re: In sooo much pain :(

I know how you feel. Have you asked for a different pain medication? My doctor told me that Lupron doesn't do much to help with severe cases of endo and that management with pain medications is the best bet until my surgery. Is that an option for you?
Unread 10-14-2011, 08:53 PM

Ibuprofen doesn't touch the pain and I can't drive/work on Percocet . Just very frustrated today..thanks for the reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2011, 08:57 PM

I'm on Vicodin for my pain....I'm not at 100%, but I'm better then I am when I'm in pain. When I'm in pain I cannot move, when I'm on the Vicodin I can at least get my kids to and from school. I just can't wait to not feel like this any more! No more pain or other symptoms will be awesome.
Unread 10-14-2011, 09:01 PM

Me too...hoping we have AMAZING post op stories . Keep me updated
Unread 10-15-2011, 09:16 AM

I have adenomyosis and got written out of work till my surgery on 10/20. the pain and swelling is so bad, im on bedrest.. im not one for bedrest, so hubby is going to have to duck tape me to the bed ;-)
Unread 10-15-2011, 03:13 PM

I can understand your pain.

My doc just gave me a script for Tizandine and Tramadol. One is a muscle relaxer and the other a pain pill. It has been helping but like anything it never gets rid of all the pain. It also makes me dizzy. I would not be able to drive. It has helped me sleep at night.

I had to suffer the last month on over the counter but now that it is the weekend before I decided to live in a somewhat pain free fuzz....

A bath would help sometimes... I would add a muscle ache bath salts to it.

It was so hard to wait in pain...

Prayers for you..
Unread 10-15-2011, 06:12 PM

I to have started taking Tramadol and like you it makes me sleepy and dizzy, but does help with the pain and helps me to sleep. Best wishes to you ladies I hope you will find something to ease the pain. Maybe asking the doctor to see if he can move up your surgery date. I was scheduled 9/19 and had to have it changed to 11/7. But at my last appointment my doctor resheduled it for 10/27 and I am nervous but want my life back sooooo badly.
Unread 10-16-2011, 08:58 AM

I feel your pain as well and I am waiting for my surgery date. I hope to know Monday and I pray it is not too far from now. I have endo and Adenomyosis and it is the Adenomyosis that is bringing me to my knees. I do not want lupron, I am doing some Harmonie therapy with BCP and it is not working and making this worse. I am OVER IT, DONE AND READY... GET IT OUT! Good luck to you and I hope you can find a way to decrease the pain. I was on tylenol codeine and it did nothing, I am on vicodin with Advil 7.5 mg and it helps a little but the pain is so bad these days especially with the break through bleeding from the new pills. So ready for this to end... I pray for relief for us all and I am so sorry for the pain you all suffer... as I said I feel your pain.
Unread 10-16-2011, 09:39 AM

I take Percoxet now as well. It was ultram and some Lortab, but pain ramped.up last week. I have to go to work tomorrow after a week off, and I feel dizzy. I think I'm going to try a half a pill to see how that goes for work. My surgery is Nov. 30th.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register