In sooo much pain :( - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

In sooo much pain :( In sooo much pain :(

Unread 10-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Re: In sooo much pain :(

I'm supposed to go back to the doc tomorrow for the Lupron...decided I may as well give it a try as I'm getting no relief now . Surgery could have been on the 27th of this month but I'm still waiting to qualify with insurance and buy tickets to have my parents here to help me. DH has been great but I don't think I can go on like this for another month! Ugh! Thanks for all the support and I wish you sisters all the best... "this too shall pass". Right?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2011, 12:08 PM
In sooo much pain :(

I know exactly how you feel. I was put on Lupron twice for extended periods of time and coming off the first time caused heavy bleeding they could not stop for three months, when they put me right back on the shots. Coming off that time felt like my body trying to eat itself alive and has only gone downhill from there. I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard "your body is just adjusting".
Unread 11-06-2011, 02:31 PM

Hey Perdue98,

How are you holding up? Only 10 days to go.

Hang in there - we're rooting for you. (((HUGS)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2011, 08:30 PM

I know how you feel, I have adenomyosis ,endo and fibroids (great combo) I too am taking bcps (so thatI don't have a period) tramadol and 800 mg motrin. The pain is so bad I hurt all day with the aching but the real bad pain kicks in about 2am I don't know why but it wakes me up. I have had this pain for so long that I don't know what it feels like to be normal. My surgery is Dec.8th and I can't wait! Good luck ladies and stay strong.
Unread 11-08-2011, 06:25 PM

Thanks McLila, I needed to see this today....the closer it gets, the crazier I get Thankfully the pain has been better than previous, but the mood swings are getting worse. Every time I turn on the tv and see a baby, I cry. I'm angry that my body doesn't want to cooperate in getting things done and the stress of getting ready to leave work for a month is overwhelming. Wow, guess I just needed to vent..lol. Pre op tomorrow, so I'm hoping I'll feel better knowing a little more....how are you doing? It won't be long for either of us now!!!! Do you find it getting harder?
Unread 11-08-2011, 06:54 PM

WHat kind of side effects did you have from the Lupron I will be starting the injections on Thursday
Unread 11-09-2011, 04:39 AM

I have not had any reactions so far from the Lupron. Just some bruising on each side of my abdomen which they had informed me of. I just am unable to give them to myself so I have my husband do it, he has become somewhat of a pro within the last four shots. It does tingle a little but that could be just the medication moving around. I wish you the best and keep me informed.
Unread 11-09-2011, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwadeb View Post
WHat kind of side effects did you have from the Lupron I will be starting the injections on Thursday
So far not any at all. They started me on it the day of my surgery 10/27 and I have been taking one daily since. Once released from the hospital my doctor wanted me to take the Lupron for 21 days. I only have some bruises on both sides of my abdomen which they explained would happen at the hospital. I switch sides each day but the bruising is just minor and has not been a problem. I wish you the best and let me know how your are doing.
Unread 11-09-2011, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchavis3 View Post
I know how you feel, I have adenomyosis ,endo and fibroids (great combo) I too am taking bcps (so thatI don't have a period) tramadol and 800 mg motrin. The pain is so bad I hurt all day with the aching but the real bad pain kicks in about 2am I don't know why but it wakes me up. I have had this pain for so long that I don't know what it feels like to be normal. My surgery is Dec.8th and I can't wait! Good luck ladies and stay strong.
You sound like me. I use to wake in the morning with such abdominal pain it too would wake me up. I started with what felt like an sore stomach, back pain etc. But since I had my surgery on 10/27 I can honestly say all that has so far went away. Just sore from my incision and taking Enoxaparin Sodium Injection each day for the next few weeks. Causes some bruising but not real side effects so far. I wish you the best and hope all goes will as did my surgery. I had to move my date up from 11/7 to 10/27 because my pain was so bad. I had early signs of endomentrial cancer and just waiting for my pathology report to come back. Best wishes.
Unread 11-09-2011, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdue98 View Post
I'm supposed to go back to the doc tomorrow for the Lupron...decided I may as well give it a try as I'm getting no relief now . Surgery could have been on the 27th of this month but I'm still waiting to qualify with insurance and buy tickets to have my parents here to help me. DH has been great but I don't think I can go on like this for another month! Ugh! Thanks for all the support and I wish you sisters all the best... "this too shall pass". Right?!
Hay, I think I may have sent you an reply concerning how I have been doing with my Lupron. I am taking Enoxaparin Sodium Injection which may or may not be the same. So forgive me if I mislead you in anyway. I could be taking the genic form due to how insurance works, but still no real side effects other than the bruising. Sorry for any confusion. Have a Wonderful Day and hang in their.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register