Anyone here with retired military ins. TRICARE | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone here with retired military ins. TRICARE Anyone here with retired military ins. TRICARE

Unread 12-17-2001, 07:54 AM
Anyone here with retired military ins. TRICARE

My surgery is scheduled for Jan.2 and so far has not been approved by Tricare. There are two drs. involved and I have had to do all the leg work. I have been calling the two clinics and Tricare for the past 3 wks. back and forth, trying to get this approved. Tricare is saying they did not receive the faxes or procedure codes from the clinics and each time I call, I talk with a different representative. I am so frustrated with it all. I called tricare this morning and she did tell me that everything is in but now they have to work on it and they are really busy this week. Who knows what they may request next..... they already have everything they need to process this. Sure hope it is approved soon and I don't have to change the date. I have a cleaning business and already have someone to cover for me during this time. Anyone here having such problems with their Ins. such as this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2001, 10:46 AM

Kathy, I didn't have this experience with my insurance, but I know other women here have just from reading the posts. I can't help you, but someone should be here shortly who can. What a bummer!! The insurances are crazy and add such stress at times in our lives when we certainly don't need it!! I'm so sorry you have had to deal with this when you are not feeling good and are in that anxious waiting time for your surgery. I hope everything works out for your benefit and that it will all be resolved SOON!!! es and s

Sherry
Unread 12-17-2001, 10:56 AM

Hi Kathy,

Yes, I've had problems with Tricare before. My daughter broke her leg this past August and I'm STILL fighting to have the claim processed! Even though we were transfered from a Navy Hospital to a civilian with pre-approval, I'm still doing battle!

All I can say is keep on them and don't let them brush you aside. Busy or not, this is THEIR job to process the approval.

I hope you do not have to reschedule your surgery. Good luck and God bless,

Treasureheart
(aka - Laurie)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2001, 02:06 AM

Keep calling and documenting the time, date, and name of the representative that you worked with. Getting bounced around from one representative to another can hopefully be avoided. When you call in again ask for the same representative.

Also, obtain the rep's extension number so you can hopefully dial it in yourself. Just keep good records of who you talk to along with date and time. Do this not only with the insurance company but also with the doctor's offices.

Hugs,
Patty

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register