Not Scheduled Newbie | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-15-2011, 09:39 PM

Hi my name is Kassi I'm a 27 yr old mother of two amazing girls.the past year has been a long one for us three my divorce to their father was finalized in may after being seperated since 2008. Since then I have meet the man if my dreams and we have been together for almost two yrs. Also in February I was in the er not being able to walk due to severe pain after lots of doctors and tests I found out I have fibromyalgia. So that was a shocker but a relief to know what's been going on with consistent body pains since I was little. Well then in June I was at my ob about my periods were heavy again and coming irregularly which has been an issue for me for about a yr and a half and also severe pain during intercourse he thought maybe endometriosis. So I was started on luperon which didn't work symptoms worsened so he did a laraparscopy sept 2 to see what is going on no signs I'd endo but scar tissue from my past two c sections he removed it and was hoping that was the issue well it didn't help. On sept 13 i started bleeding and kept gettig heavier for about 3 weeks then it got real bad an i was going through a pad and a tampon in an hour so i eas in the er he tried some meds to stop it that didnt help either so he performed a d and c an thank goodness the bleedif stopped.Well at my follow up appt this last we'd he ran more tests and discovered I have adenomyosis. He said I have been through all the treatment options already and the only thing left is trying putting me on the pill but doubts it will help becuz I have a history if bad reactions to birth control and a family history of heart conditions so I can't be on it long term. So he said I have three months before a hysterectomy.So now im terrified depressed and so many confusing feelings I can't explain. Just kinda feel Alone as if no one gets how I feel. I just turned 27 and started a new life path. I don't know where to turn now just want advice and support and when I found this site it stuck out like a sore thumb. Thanx for reading me babble on I'm nervous so i talk A LOT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Re: Newbie

Hi Kassi
I'm sorry you are going through all this... I had many of the same symptoms you describe. I am 4days post-op and only wish I had done this sooner. Of course I am older too, 46. But even tho i have pain right now I already feel better in a way I can't quite describe. They only dx my adenomyosis after surgery. No wonder I had so much pain!
I would take your time, research, maybe get a second opinion and try to decide what is best for you.
Best wishes!
Unread 10-15-2011, 11:47 PM

****CHILDREN MENTIONED*****
Hi Kassi,
I think I kind-of know how you feel. I have been battling with gyn issues since I was 21 years old. I was blessed to have married my husband when I was 18 so I too had 2 beautiful little girls by the time my issues began ( they are 26 and 24 now ) I was told I needed a hysterectomy about 20 years ago. Oh the road I decided to take was a heck of a lot harder that the journey that I am about to take this Thursday. I was young and doing what I thought best back then so I'm not complaining, but if I knew then what I know now..........
I'm not trying to steer you in any particular direction. I am not trying to make a suggestion in any way, shape or form. I just wanted to share with you the fact that I was hard-headed and stubborn but I was NOT informed. I never researched my options. 20 years ago, not everyone had a PC or laptop in thier home. I didn't. If you wanted to research something, you walked to the library and took out a book. 20 years ago, hysterectomies were referred to as "lady troubles" I didn't have the ability to have an open discussion about such topics. Women did not openly discuss thier "lady parts" You have a wealth of knowledge at your finger tips. Don't just turn a deaf ear. Read, post, blog, discuss. Ask strong questions and demand answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2011, 12:47 AM

Hello and welcome. I to was so happy to find this site! It's so amazing. I have suffered through the last few years but have found my symptoms to be rapidly getting worse Many very similar to yours. But fortunate enough not to have the added stress that you have gone through. I'm sorry for that but happy to hear you're on the right path now. Don't be afraid to use the resources of the site. These forums are great to get lots of info to burning questions the dr. cant answer right away. Happy to have a new sister

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register