Prep | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Prep

And it begins... I just keep thinking with every swallow that it's one step closer to being pain free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Re: Prep

Yes keep telling your self that. Good luck sister
Unread 10-16-2011, 09:19 PM

Good luck, honey.

We will be waiting for you on the other side.

(((HUGS)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2011, 09:28 PM

I've done half and I think I've thrown it all back up
Unread 10-16-2011, 09:32 PM

Oh no... I start mine in the morning...
I hope your tummy settles soon...
Prayers
Unread 10-16-2011, 09:45 PM

Good luck. I have a few work friends who didn't have to prep. They were lucky IMO. I did a colonoscopy prep where I had to drink the whole gallon.. at least this is smaller.
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:23 PM

What are you taking, now I'm getting nervous, does it really make you that sick. Come on both ends, I'm not ready for that. HELP Cat
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:39 PM

I have the osmo prep tablets. I think I'm psyching myself out as this us the 4th time in 2 years I've have to do this and every other time it's been the same. Fist with movie prep and them the levithingamadrink
Unread 10-17-2011, 05:43 AM

The Bowel Prep scares me. I know its NECESSARY, but every time I have taken it before I have thrown up. I have a weak stomach. Someone told me to 'chase it' with Gatorade, so I am going to try it this time. Also, I have learned that PicoSalax is a little easier to take, so asking my Surgeon about taking it instead of PegLyte. Concerned about dehydration, and my veins 'disappear' when I am dehydrated. Possibility of having the pic line put in the day before to eliminate the problem of not being able to get it in on day of surgery! The things we have to go thru.GOOD LUCK to all my 'hyster sisters' in your upcoming surgeries and 'bowel prep'. WE are NOT ALONE.
Unread 10-17-2011, 11:09 AM

OK Just had my last Starbucks for the time. I savored the creamy goodness of the latte.
I had a little breakfast (apple bran muffin) and in an hour I will start my drinking of the vial stuff they call Miralax.
I was told to mix it in juice a sip it slowly.
For the rest of the day it it will be broth and jello for me.

Here is one interesting point.
I get to have water or sugar free cool-aid up until 7 am in the morning. I also suffer from veins that become tough when dehydrated. I am going to drink as much as I can at 7am to help keep my veins open.

The Hospital said that the new standard for liquid for the day of surgery is none 4 hours before hand. I wonder if it could be the same for you.

I had blood drawn 3 weeks ago and it was horrid. 3 major bruises later and an hour of digging they got just enough blood. My doc said to hydrate before hand and I did for the pre=op last friday. easy as pie.

Good luck all... I am right there with you gals...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register