#1 thing to take to hospital - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

#1 thing to take to hospital #1 thing to take to hospital

Unread 10-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Re: #1 thing to take to hospital

I took what everyone has been listing. the one thing that I wish I knew I needed. A TV REMOTE. The hospital had bought flat screen tvs and they were not programed to the channel changer on the bed. They couldn't find one that worked either. Had to get up to change the channel, and I had no way of knowing which channel was which so I watched mostly cartoon network.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2011, 02:55 PM

Lipgloss, ab binder and my laptop. I was only in for a day so I didn't need much. Good luck!
Unread 10-18-2011, 03:01 PM

lip balm and I brought my kindle to read.....No time to read the day of the surgery...but ..... the hint my doctor gave me the next morning, when I was trying so hard to have my first urine...talk a walk....than sit on the toilet and read...after 2 chapters - VICTORY....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2011, 04:16 PM

Love the tip... walk then read on the toilet... genius!!!!
Unread 10-19-2011, 01:06 AM

I would take lip balm, hair brush, toothbrush. Something to read. In my case that was the kindle app on my phone. I took an mp3 player with soothing music loaded onto it. I took more than that, but didn't end up needing any of it.

Unread 10-19-2011, 04:57 AM

My hubby
Yeah, I know, not a thing, but still, having someone there who loves you and doesnt flinch when you tell them you need to fart, cant get out of the darn hospital bed, absolutely NEED a whoopie pie, and who doesnt care that your wearing disposable undies and a really CUTE purple jonny that shows all when you finally are able get up and to pee after getting your cath removed- that was the most important part of all of this.

After that, I would say, yep, lip balm, loose fitting pjs and a jacket (I live in maine), and slippers because my feet were too swollen for actual shoes, and a pillow for the ride home to put on my stomach. I left the pillow, along with a blanket in the car so they were there when I needed them. I brought a book, but honestly never even thought about touching it.

Best of luck to all my sisters
Merr
Unread 10-20-2011, 05:41 AM

gonna throw this out there,I bought the regular size pillow pet,what is better and easier
the regular size or the smaller pillow pet?
I know its a stupid question, but want everything in order before I go to the castle
Unread 10-20-2011, 08:07 AM

good question about which sized pillow pet!!! I was looking at them yesterday and actually held then against my belly... I'm guessing the regular sized one??????
Unread 10-20-2011, 03:44 PM

I simply took an old pillow that I didn't care much about to protect my belly for the ride home. As long as it can shield your belly from the seatbelt you will be okay. And lip balm/chapstick - whatever you want to call it.
Unread 10-21-2011, 12:22 PM

Im assuming I wont be able to shower for a few days ... Im picking up dry shampoo... I cant stand it when my hair is dirty!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register