#1 thing to take to hospital - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

#1 thing to take to hospital #1 thing to take to hospital

Unread 10-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Re: #1 thing to take to hospital

my LPN told me drinking with a straw gives you more gas cuz you're swallowing more air with each sip. so i won't be bringing my insulated cup w/ straw with me. but will be bringing tea bags since she said that works on relieving gas pains.

i bought a pillow pet too but got the small one! maybe i should hv bought the big one instead???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2011, 01:06 AM

Kindle and a pillow and my small fan.
Unread 10-29-2011, 07:49 PM

I couldn't go without my own shampoo, conditioner, lip balm, face wash, lotion, my own pads (can not stand hospital pads), brush, hair tye, granny panties, and a book.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2011, 01:13 AM

I loved my scented soap. Morning wash up smelled like home. Next to no ability to focus made me REALLY glad to have trashy magazines to peruse; albeit, 1-2 pgs @ a time then I'd drift lol.
Unread 10-30-2011, 02:34 AM

I didn't know we could take our pillow with us to the hospital?! I will do that..or at least I will ask about that when I go in for my pre-registration. Thanks for the great ideas. I should stock up on the jello and applesace too. My hubby will be home with me for a week and a half but I don't want him to have to be running out in case I would need him to help me with something here at home. I know when I had my left ovary and tube removed a few yrs ago I couldn't even get out of bed by myself and I am dreading that this time, although I don't know yet what type of surgery the dr is doing, and I won't know until Thursday.
I am hearing so many of you mention the pillow pets, so I am going to get myself one this week! Besides that I am taking chapstick, a couple scrapbooking magazines and I don't know if I will take anything other than that.

Oh also, you can use a heating pad afterwards? I wasn't sure if I would be allowed to. I am learning so much from you ladies! I will remember to add a small notebook also.
Unread 10-30-2011, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlygig View Post
Dolly, that is soooo cute.
Thank you, Whirlygig. Having a pillow that size has become necessary for me to sleep... :P
Unread 10-30-2011, 08:05 AM

ok, so after my trip to the castle.... all I really needed was my lip balm, toothbrush/paste, my own pillow, and my own thin pads!
Unread 10-30-2011, 11:50 PM

My phone a little cozy blanket and one of my favorite smaller pillows for hugging, neck or leg support. I stayed over night and found my night nurse who updated the dry erase board of when I had my last dose of meds and when i was due was the bomb. Come morning the relief failed to do so and I was so confused.
Unread 10-31-2011, 02:08 AM

Take with you a sense of humor and a positive outlook.

At home have the desire to leave everything behind (work) and take care of yourself.
Great family and friends are number one.
Stool softeners are your friend.
Body pillows are awesome.
The dirt will still be there when you get better. Just name the dust bunnies and consider them family for now.
Take the water bottle they give you at the hospital. They are awesome.
Take all offers of help. You've earned it.
Do something to pretty yourself up that you wouldn't normally devote time to. My feet have never looked better.
Sweat pants.
Freezer foods.
Healthy foods... This is a great time to start a new, healthy lifestyle.

And most important... did I mention a positive outlook and sense of humor? For the first 3 weeks you are going to talk about poo a lot.
Unread 10-31-2011, 10:32 AM

To the castle: SoftLips lip balm.

At home: cute no-waist sundresses.

Two thumbs up to UpInTheAir's suggestion: a positive outlook and a sense of humor are very helpful!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register