Pre-Hysterectomy Hysteria | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Hysterectomy Hysteria Pre-Hysterectomy Hysteria

Unread 12-17-2001, 11:52 AM
Pre-Hysterectomy Hysteria

WOW! 2 more days and it will all be over. I am getting a little frightened now. I am cleaning my home, which appears to get junkier as I go along I could have been so sure that I saw somewhere on this site what to pack for the hospital stay. Please help me, I have no idea what to pack besides a gown, robe, slippers and underpants. I am having a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy on the 19th of December. I believe very strongly in God and I know that all will be fine, but can't help being nervous. I am having headaches (nauseous) everyday now. I have Fibroids, Endometriosis, Painful Intercourse and an extremely Prolapsed Uterus. At work, I wear a gun belt (Traffic Homicide Investigator). I am curious to know if any other officers had this procedure done and how hard was it to put the gun belt back on (not to mention the bullet proof vest). Have most ladies found that six weeks was enough? Okay, I am babbling. I am going to stop now. I can also be reached at [email protected]. Thanks and God bless you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2001, 12:08 PM

From the home page, about mid-way down you'll see some pull down menus. There is a castle packing list from there ... it is quite lengthy.

Here also is a link to an earlier thread I remember participating in that had some good ideas from some of our sisters. https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=42184

can't help ya with the uniform ... I work in jeans every day.

BSQ
Unread 12-17-2001, 12:29 PM

Can't say I've ever worn a gun belt... But I did have a TAH. One idea - if the gun belt is irritating, you might try wearing one of those black neoprene "back belts" (like construction workers wear) under your clothes. I wore one off and off as a heavier version of the tummy support thing they gave me in the hospital. I found it very comfortable. You might find it helps with the jiggling from riding in the car, too.

As for the timing, you *might* feel up to going back in 6 weeks. Allow for the possibility that you might not, though. Maybe start back part time, or on desk duty. Only you can know for sure - depends on how you are feeling by then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2001, 01:13 PM
Hang in there!!!!

Don't know about the gun belt I will be in the castle having surgery the same day you are. I haven't started to pack and I have now retrashed the house trying to look for a cookie recipe (with the help of my five children) I am totally trusting God and know He is so Awesome and will allow me to get done the essentials (I guess packing would be in that catagory) oh geez this will soon be over, and I so need to make room for my brain to be consumed with thoughts of something else ANYTHING ELSE!!!
I will say a prayer for you and will be thinking of you on the morning of the 19th. Lots of love Jacqui
Unread 12-17-2001, 01:46 PM
Lolita

Hi there Hun!! Well mate I would strongly suggest that you took 6 to 8 weeks off work owing to the job that you do. Only one chance to heal and all that and with the job you have I think you would need just a little bit more time to recover to ensure that when you do go back you are in tip top condition.
Do not stress too much about what to take, as long as you have the basics and do not forget chapstick and a heat pack they come in real handy. If you are like alot of us here, we packed far too much Lol. The very best for an uneventful surgery and a smooth recovery. You will be a new woman. Let us know how it goes, Hugs Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register