New to this forum: Crying and nausea, Miserable!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New to this forum: Crying and nausea, Miserable!! New to this forum: Crying and nausea, Miserable!!

Unread 10-17-2011, 05:24 PM
New to this forum: Crying and nausea, Miserable!!

So, I just had my LAVH/BSO on the 19th of september. I have NOT had the smooth recovery I was hoping for. First my DR didnt want to put me on HRT due to endo, them decided last week that she would since "she didnt find that much endo anyway". Yeah, okay...so wh tell me after surgery no HRT for 6 months. Anyway, I have been in pain and really emotionsl since my surgery. I have these crying spells, and it feels like there is something sitting on my chest. I have spent whole days where all I do is cry, and it hurts. I also have been having nausea constantly since surgery, as well as bladder pain- and no there isnt anything wrong with my bladder, had a US and CT with contrast to confirm, as well as blood tests and urine tests to rule out infection/UTI. So I am really new to this whole menopause thing, and was wondering if that could be the cause of all these things? I have had the standard and expected hot flashes and night sweats, but I guess I wasnt expecting to suddenly become a sobbing, peeing a lot, fool. The nausea really sucks too, but maybe I will lose some weight as a side benifit (haha), since I can only eat a little bit. My dr put me on estridiol patch .5, and after talking to her she said to increase to .1, but I dont know, the hot flashes have gotten better, like 10 a day instead of 20, so maybe I am just emotional from surgery? Could use some advice
Merr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Re: New to this forum: Crying and nausea, Miserable!!

I don't know about the nausea and urinary problems but the emotional part can surely be menopause. That's still a lot of hot flashes. I thought some women had nausea when adjusting to an estrogen dose, did the nausea start when you started on the patch, or before? I'm not sure why your Dr doesn't have any advice or help for your problems. Or is the increased patch dose the answer? I would expect yoU would feel less emotional when you get regulated on HRT, and I hope you'll feel generally better. Are you keeping a log of symptoms and meds/doses? It can be helpful in tracking how the hormones or other things are working. I wish I had some real answers for everything but I'm hoping things will settle in and give you relief soon.
Unread 10-17-2011, 06:36 PM

I don't think too many of us were fully prepared for how we would feel post op. I was told I'd take estrogen and I'd be right back to normal. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work that way. I also had a lot of bladder pain after my surgery. I was a leaking mess too. I'd sneeze, cough, laugh, or even just bend over and I'd leak. My Dr. didn't offer any explanations or solutions. I just took my estrogen pills and eventually it stopped. I don't know how or why. I'm assuming that the estrogen finally built up over time.

I was 27 when I had my surgery and lost one ovary. I was 30 when the remaining ovary was taken. I ended up on the highest dose of Estrace. You're really young and it would be surprising if you didn't go up in your dose. Even now, one of the first couple of symptoms I get if my patch isn't sticking well is crying easily, dried out eyes, and that stupid leaking! I also get the palpitations and the heavy pressure in my chest.

Your surgery has only been a month ago. Your body has just suffered a real trauma in addition to the loss of all of the hormones. Make your life as simple as you can right now while you heal. Things really will get better. It just takes a little more time than you probably were expecting.

HUGS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2011, 07:47 PM

Thanks Ladies. I guess I will just hope that increasing the dose of the patch helps with a lot of these symptoms.
Merr

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register