Hooray..Only three days to go!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hooray..Only three days to go!!! Hooray..Only three days to go!!!

Unread 10-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Hooray..Only three days to go!!!

Ok, ready or not, here I come. I am scheduled for 9:00 am Thursday October 20th. I just found out that I needed a hysterectomy on October 4th. I freaked out. Now, thanks to Hystersisters and my own abilty to rapidly freak out and quickly get over it......I'm ready. Today, I picked out my outfit for going to the Castle. I decided to celebrate the fact that from now on, I can wear whatever I want. I can wear white ALL summer long. I can wear jeans without worring if the bulk of mutiple pads is noticable. I realized today that my world is going to get better in SOOO many ways! I am wearing the cutes little dress I own. (above the knee; which I rarely dare) I am wearing black tights and my knee high boots with a 4 inch heel. I plan on waking up early enough to blow out and flat iron my hair and I do intend to wear make-up ( I asked...they just request that I omit mascara) I'm not walking in,...I'm strutting in.

Ummm...yes, I am packing really comfy clothes for the ride home...but I will be wearing a little lipstick.

Hey, it's after midnight....now it's only TWO days to go!! Whooo-Hoooo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Re: Hooray..Only three days to go!!!

thanks for your post, I just loved reading it!!
Yes this site has been such a support to me also and I am still trying ot read everything I can before my date is set (should me in a couple of weeks) and hey...I think I will wear makeup also!! LOL
All the best to you, I will be thinking of you and waiting to hear how you are after your surgery!
Unread 10-18-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBean View Post
Ok, ready or not, here I come. I am scheduled for 9:00 am Thursday October 20th. I just found out that I needed a hysterectomy on October 4th. I freaked out. Now, thanks to Hystersisters and my own abilty to rapidly freak out and quickly get over it......I'm ready. Today, I picked out my outfit for going to the Castle. I decided to celebrate the fact that from now on, I can wear whatever I want. I can wear white ALL summer long. I can wear jeans without worring if the bulk of mutiple pads is noticable. I realized today that my world is going to get better in SOOO many ways! I am wearing the cutes little dress I own. (above the knee; which I rarely dare) I am wearing black tights and my knee high boots with a 4 inch heel. I plan on waking up early enough to blow out and flat iron my hair and I do intend to wear make-up ( I asked...they just request that I omit mascara) I'm not walking in,...I'm strutting in.

Ummm...yes, I am packing really comfy clothes for the ride home...but I will be wearing a little lipstick.

Hey, it's after midnight....now it's only TWO days to go!! Whooo-Hoooo
YOU GO GIRL!!

What a fantastic attitude, that's the way it should be, you will get through your surgery so much better with that kind of attitude!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2011, 12:42 PM

You go sister!

I think you have given many of us a good idea! Will keep you in my thoughts on the 20th!
Unread 10-18-2011, 01:35 PM

Sounds great. Hope it all goes well and you have a swift recovery!
Unread 10-21-2011, 12:02 AM

hope everything went well & you're recovering now!
Unread 10-30-2011, 04:59 AM

Child mentioned.

I rocked it! I showed up wearing my "hooker" boots and showing a little cleavage. My daughter got on board and dressed to the max with me. We looked like total nut balls in the waiting area on the surgical floor.
Of course, I eventually put on a hospital gown and left my poor daughter sitting in the waiting room a little over-dressed. Bah-ha-ha. It's our job as responsible parents to embarass our children as much as possible.
I spent most of the morning wishing everyone a "Happy Hyster Day" got a few strange looks until I actually got into the pre-op area. My nurse had her LAVH 3 years ago so she knew what I meant.
I am 10 days post-op and I feel awesome. I have felt great for about a week now. I am still working my new attitude. I made a decision to knock this out of the ball park and so far so good.

It's all in the TUDE.

Thanks to all for your best wishes and happy thoughts. Cheers!!!
Unread 10-30-2011, 08:42 AM

Haha! I like your attitude. Attitude is everything. I have to be at the hospital at 5 am and I'll get up at 3 to shower and blow dry my hair. I havent decided what I'm going to wear, but it's gonna be sassy, even if it's just my Hello Kitty jammy pants and pink hard rock t shirt.
Unread 10-30-2011, 09:35 AM

You've got an amazing attitude, McBean. I wish I shared it, but so far, I really don't. My surgery is this Wednesday morning and my "I'm stronger than this, I'm gonna kick ***" attitude hasn't even come out of hiding for a second yet. I hope it does. My husband, who is as wonderful and supportive as ever, is already asking me why I'm acting so freaked out and scared because it's not my normal personality. I dunno.... maybe it's an Aries thing. Not sure I like being put under and giving the "control" to the ONC/GYN. Or maybe I'm just a big baby. Gonna try to adopt your attitude, though, it's certainly healthier than mine.
Unread 10-30-2011, 11:25 AM

Hey McBean

Wow - I LOVE it! Your post made me laugh out loud - enough that my husband had to ask what I was laughing at.

I am so looking forward to being post-op. I too worked my wardrobe around my periods, wondering about the visibility of that massive overnight pad in the middle of the afternoon and a load of other stuff.

NO MORE!!

But - I'm pretty sure I don't have the wardrobe for an entrance like yours. I did buy some fun new drawstring pants for post op that I plan to wear in. 2 more weeks.

Take Care and keep us updated!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register