Hooray..Only three days to go!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hooray..Only three days to go!!! Hooray..Only three days to go!!!

Unread 10-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Re: Hooray..Only three days to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeblue View Post
You've got an amazing attitude, McBean. I wish I shared it, but so far, I really don't. My surgery is this Wednesday morning and my "I'm stronger than this, I'm gonna kick ***" attitude hasn't even come out of hiding for a second yet. I hope it does. My husband, who is as wonderful and supportive as ever, is already asking me why I'm acting so freaked out and scared because it's not my normal personality. I dunno.... maybe it's an Aries thing. Not sure I like being put under and giving the "control" to the ONC/GYN. Or maybe I'm just a big baby. Gonna try to adopt your attitude, though, it's certainly healthier than mine.
Suedeblue, I too am an Aries and like to control all. Thankfully my Dr. Kinda gets that. I told her I have made peace with the procedure I just am anxious about giving up control. She said to me even Dr.'s don't like having surgery...a baseline of anxiety is normal. I felt so much better after our chat. Wishing you the best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2011, 02:26 PM

I brought my own gown to the hospital in case I was going to be there a while. So, on the morning after surgery when the nurse said I should take walk down the hall, I put on my slinky scarlett gown. (It's actually long and covers everything, but it is a captivating and cheery color.) I made a pitstop first and as I was coming out of the bathroom, my doctor walked in. "WOW! Look at YOU!" was her reaction. She said I could go home. Yay! It worked! I changed into a sundress and was out of there as soon as the paperwork could follow.

As much as I wanted to care, though, I didn't care enough to stop and put on makeup, which is really, really NOT me.
Unread 10-30-2011, 02:52 PM

McLila,

We'll have to commiserate. My surgery is 2 days after you. I'm having TAH & BSO, so I'll come out minus 3 parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2011, 05:51 PM

WOW your so wonderful, and I am so happy to hear back that everything went great for you. I am now booked in for the 9th (put freaky face here) and I am thinking of your attitude all the way!! Thank you thank you thank you hun for your post and for letting us all know how your going. You are encouraging so many to look at it differently, act differently and see it as a new beginning NOT an ending.
Please keep us informed Princess

Hugs
Unread 11-12-2011, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeblue View Post
You've got an amazing attitude, McBean. I wish I shared it, but so far, I really don't. My surgery is this Wednesday morning and my "I'm stronger than this, I'm gonna kick ***" attitude hasn't even come out of hiding for a second yet. I hope it does. My husband, who is as wonderful and supportive as ever, is already asking me why I'm acting so freaked out and scared because it's not my normal personality. I dunno.... maybe it's an Aries thing. Not sure I like being put under and giving the "control" to the ONC/GYN. Or maybe I'm just a big baby. Gonna try to adopt your attitude, though, it's certainly healthier than mine.
Hey! Hope your procedure was totally uneventful. Sorry I haven't been on in a while. How are you feeling? I just read your post and I really wish I read it before you went to the castle to let you know my date of birth is March 24th. Yep, I'm an Aries too. I really hope everything went well. I am doing great....ok, maybe some days I kind of milk this thing to get my daughter to make dinner or have my hubby send fresh flowers ( been out of town through all this. Guilt is blooming in vases all over the house). ....it works. Should have yanked the old uterus out last spring when we were planning our summer vacation...maybe I would have won that arguement and went to Mexico instead of Sea Isle City, NJ. ha ha. Let me know how you are. Laughing sometimes hurts, but it hurts so good (better than a sneeze) . Keep up with your recovery. Smile as much as possible. We are women so we NEVER put ourselves first. This is the one time in your life that you are allowed to be NUMBER ONE! I keep seeing a quote on this site that I love.......You only get one chance to heal properly. Happy Healing. ( oh, the night sweats, gas, swelly belly etc.... all true. I never mention it because I never let it get to me. I have too many good things in life to be thankful for. Sounds like you do too)
HUGS
Unread 11-12-2011, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawyn View Post
Haha! I like your attitude. Attitude is everything. I have to be at the hospital at 5 am and I'll get up at 3 to shower and blow dry my hair. I havent decided what I'm going to wear, but it's gonna be sassy, even if it's just my Hello Kitty jammy pants and pink hard rock t shirt.
Hi Arawyn, Just wanted to wish you a Happy Hyster on the 29th. Hope everything goes well. I also have to admit that my report time was 9:30 am.(Not a morning person) When you report at 5am, those pre op nurses will be half asleep so strut your bad-***** self in there and give them a wake up call. what is your favorite outfit? Put it on that morning ( seriously, they'll have you in a hospital gown in about an hour anyway so you wont have to worry about dry-cleaning...It will be fine)
I do suggest Comfy clothes for the ride home.

Hope you have an uneventful procedure. And CHEERS to you and a speedy recovery!

BTW, I am great. Looking forward to to the new and improved me! (I have to admit........I kept my ovaries so when I get really LOUD with my hubby, I still intend to blame PMS...he won't know any better. )

HUGS
Unread 11-12-2011, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBean View Post
Ok, ready or not, here I come. I am scheduled for 9:00 am Thursday October 20th. I just found out that I needed a hysterectomy on October 4th. I freaked out. Now, thanks to Hystersisters and my own abilty to rapidly freak out and quickly get over it......I'm ready. Today, I picked out my outfit for going to the Castle. I decided to celebrate the fact that from now on, I can wear whatever I want. I can wear white ALL summer long. I can wear jeans without worring if the bulk of mutiple pads is noticable. I realized today that my world is going to get better in SOOO many ways! I am wearing the cutes little dress I own. (above the knee; which I rarely dare) I am wearing black tights and my knee high boots with a 4 inch heel. I plan on waking up early enough to blow out and flat iron my hair and I do intend to wear make-up ( I asked...they just request that I omit mascara) I'm not walking in,...I'm strutting in.

Ummm...yes, I am packing really comfy clothes for the ride home...but I will be wearing a little lipstick.

Hey, it's after midnight....now it's only TWO days to go!! Whooo-Hoooo
I loved your post and your attitude, good for you. I particularly liked you reminding me about the white pants. You know, I haven't had a pair of white anythings for over 35 years, I am just too scared about sudden onset of you know what. I have also suffered the lovely bulky bulge at the back as overnighter pads during the day are so discreet, NOT !!! Good on you for taking such a positive look on this and the very best of luck. xx
Unread 11-12-2011, 01:54 PM

Oh yeah!!! I decided I'm gonna put the hot curlers in my hair and fluff it all up, wear my cute flare-leg jeans and my favorite top. I'll give em all a wake up call for sure!

How are you doing since your surgery, McBean?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register