Starting Lupron ~ any tips? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Starting Lupron ~ any tips? Starting Lupron ~ any tips?

Unread 11-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Re: Starting Lupron ~ any tips?

Mine isn't the scar either, dr feels an incision is to dangerous for me due to the bleeding and my severe anemia already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwadeb View Post
Mine isn't the scar either, dr feels an incision is to dangerous for me due to the bleeding and my severe anemia already.
I'm anemic too. One more reason to stick with this evil drug.
Unread 11-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Starting Lupron ~ any tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwadeb View Post
I don't know where you live but you need to check out transfusion free programs. They are located across the world. They have the most skilled drs in the world. Liver trans plants, hip and joint replacements, open heart surgery. All with very minimal blood loss. If your dr is worried about blood loss then their skills should be questioned. There is no reason to worry about that if you care about your patients and pursue up to date skills. Try to find bloodless medicine/transfusion free programs in your area hospitals. They will hook you up with a good dr. And no they don't cost more, it is free program and drs charge the same as anyone else. If your dr doesn't think they can do it without blood or blood loss then I would recommend a new dr. I wouldn't want a dr set in their ways at a cost to my health. But you have to go where you feel free to go. You can message me and I can help you find a program in your area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2011, 02:16 PM

I've actually had a 2nd and 3rd opinion from university of chicago and mayo, as well a my ob gyn and my oncologist. And all agree that a abdominal hyst is to dangerous for me due to blood loss. All agree a vaginal hyst is the only option for me.
Unread 11-14-2011, 02:17 PM

I just heard back from my doc's office. He's having me stop the birth control pill and start the estrogen patch today. Anyone have any experience with this? I hope it helps!!!
Unread 11-14-2011, 06:18 PM

One of the reasons my doc has me on Lupron is because of the bleeding too!! Sure we want to shrink everything so it can hopefully go laparoscopic and have a quicker, easier recovery. Yet the main concern is that the fibroid is sucking up my blood and my uterus is so enlarged (suspected adeno) which could cause extra blood loss. The doc has told me that with my system in a menopausal state there will be reduced blood flow to the uterus.

The shot is not making me sick. It just gives annoying symptoms that I am willing to live with until my surgery if it makes things go more smoothly! I am looking into a natural product – wild yam cream – that is supposed to help with menopause symptoms! I’ll let you know what I find out
Unread 11-14-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladywelder View Post
One of the reasons my doc has me on Lupron is because of the bleeding too!! Sure we want to shrink everything so it can hopefully go laparoscopic and have a quicker, easier recovery. Yet the main concern is that the fibroid is sucking up my blood and my uterus is so enlarged (suspected adeno) which could cause extra blood loss. The doc has told me that with my system in a menopausal state there will be reduced blood flow to the uterus.

The shot is not making me sick. It just gives annoying symptoms that I am willing to live with until my surgery if it makes things go more smoothly! I am looking into a natural product – wild yam cream – that is supposed to help with menopause symptoms! I’ll let you know what I find out
I hope it helps! Let me know.
Unread 11-16-2011, 10:58 PM

My doc took me off the pill and gave me the estrogen patch. I hope it helps the mood swings, and the fibroids still shrink!
I got my period yesterday. I thought it was supposed to be light with Lupron and the pill. It is so NOT light. Ugh, I thought this part was over.
Unread 11-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Starting Lupron ~ any tips?

Hi, I had the shot 3 months prior to my scheduled hysterectomy due to uterian fibroids. What i experiecenced as far as menopause was mild. I love to exercise and with that i sweat and alot. So when I say I perspired that was exactly it. It would start on the back for my neck and move to the front and to my chest. I would go through the day removing and putting on a light sweater at work, I would have to re-apply deoderant. To put a positivie spin on it...i looked at it as burning a few more calories
The one thing I didn't like at all was sweaty feet all the time. i did gain about 5 lbs, which I was not happy about. I wouldn't say i had mood swings, i did change my mind alot!
I spotted about a week afterward but this was nothing to my normal 7day period that was extemely heavy. After that week i didn't ever get a period or spot.
I wondered when i would know when the lupron shot would deminished and the day my feet stopped sweating (about a month after surgery) was when I knew.
When memopause does come my way, if its anything like it was from the lupron shot, I will be a very happy woman moving on to the next season of life!
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:08 PM

I had my third shot 11/17. I had migrains evey day after the first shot, then they eased up after the 2nd shot, now i just have occasional hot flashes and some joint pain. I am a bit edgie now tho, a bit more than I had with "normal" pms, but I just try to calm myself as much as possible...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register