Suspected Adeno - Severe Abdominal Pain/Bloating/Nausea | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Suspected Adeno - Severe Abdominal Pain/Bloating/Nausea Suspected Adeno - Severe Abdominal Pain/Bloating/Nausea

Unread 10-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Suspected Adeno - Severe Abdominal Pain/Bloating/Nausea

Hi everyone!
About a month or more ago I was fortunate enough to finally find a doctor who took my pains & concerns seriously & started me on the path to diagnosis. This has been a struggle for many years for me, so just finally being heard was a huge relief. Several tests, & lots of poking & prodding later, it is strongly suspected by my GYN that I have Adenomyosis & the Gastro doc she referred me out to wants to do a colonoscopy to rule out possible Endo involvement intestinally. When all is said & done, my GYN is recommending a hysterectomy &, initially, I agreed & scheduled for December 2nd.

Now I am wavering a bit & wanting to postpone surgery - mainly for insurance & cafeteria plan purposes. It will be more affordable for me after the first of the year. But I am also concerned about a lot of things (questions for another post/topic) & need to sort that out before committing.

My question now, however, is about bloating & abdominal pain/nausea. Is this a common experience for other women with Adeno? I've always had the typical cramping associated with my periods & as I got older it also began to be accompanied by severe nausea & bloating that can get so bad that I look very pregnant! Most months I can't even eat the first day or two of my period because I am so sick. This month has REALLY been bad! The nausea started about 4 days ago & has come off & on, but the swollen, painful stomach came on yesterday morning, upon waking, & has yet to be relieved by any method I've tried. It's horrible & makes the nausea even worse. And it's interfering with my ability to work & go to school. As a single mom, I can't afford to be missing work, especially when I'm trying to take a leave of absence for surgery soon!

Has anyone else experience these symptoms? I'd really like to hear from others. Was there a connection? Did surgery (if you had it) relieve the bloating & nausea? Do you have any advice on remedies that can help ease some of these symptoms in the mean time? It's funny... I live with a pretty intense level of pain on a daily basis, but let me get sick to my stomach & I'm a crying baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Re: Suspected Adeno - Severe Abdominal Pain/Bloating/Nausea

Hi! I had my hyster for adeno (among other reasons) almost 13 weeks ago. I can't say that I had much bloating or nausea but the pain was very bad. If you are thinking of putting your surgery off for a couple months, perhaps ask your doctor about stopping your periods. I took continuous birth control pills for 6 months prior to my surgery to prevent a period. Not just because the adeno was painful, but also my cervix was scarred shut and wouldn't allow my period through.
Unread 10-18-2011, 03:12 PM

Unfortunately I've already tried the birth control thing in the past. While it did work to stop my periods, it also brought on a wealth of other problems. I don't respond well to hormone therapy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2011, 04:10 PM

That's too bad. It didn't work for me either...
Unread 10-18-2011, 07:55 PM

Hi
I had adenosine but didn't know it until pathology came back but I did have severe nausea n bloating n looked pregnant before my surgery. It's too soon for me to know yet whether all of that will go away now but will try to update you if I can. I think the nausea may already be better... I feel better alreadyina way I cant describe-so I am very hopeful......
Best wishes!
Unread 10-18-2011, 08:13 PM

I didn't have adeno....I had endometriosis and I had some abdominal swelling, cramping, and nausea. I think sometimes the nausea comes from the pain. Like it hurts so bad it literally makes you sick.

I hope you can find some relief until you can get this all resolved. You need to do what is best for you in every aspect, and if that means postponing surgery, then, you have to do what you have to do.

This may sound crazy, but when I was in a lot of pain and nauseous, I would hold a pillow firmly against my tummy and for whatever reason, that worked wonders for both the cramps and the upset tummy.

I would also talk to your doctor to find out if there is anything he/she can do to help you at least be able to function until you are ready and able to go ahead with surgery.

to you!!! I hope you get the relief you need!!
Unread 10-18-2011, 08:32 PM

I am having hyst tomorrow with suspected adeno. I have the exact same symptoms that you have. I kept doubting that it was anything gynelogical because my bellied ached so much and eating made it worse.
Unread 10-18-2011, 09:11 PM

Best wishes tomorrow edenes!
Unread 10-18-2011, 10:05 PM

I also have adenomyosis with the same issues.. Nausea, bloating heavy periods and PAIN.. My surgery is next week and I can't wait to get it over with. Hope u feel better soon and make a decision that's best for you and your family
Unread 10-19-2011, 11:43 AM

I was never diagnosed with adenomyosis. My symptoms were the same, but is due to my large fibroids, pushing on bladder and causing my stomach to be bloated with nausea..in other words pushing everything up. My uterus is the size of a 19 week pregnancy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register