Passing Blood Clots - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Passing Blood Clots Passing Blood Clots

Unread 10-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Re: Passing Blood Clots

Like other (((sisters))) on this thread, I also had rather large clots. Sometimes I could actually feel them pass.... ACK.

If you're bleeding heavily (with or without clots) it's good to get extra iron. Check with the to see if iron supplements are a good idea, and also look for good sources of iron in your food. I was suffering from anemia for many years, and it made me feel exhausted and sick for a long, long time.

to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeBenedita View Post
I feel you. I am 51 years old and have dealt with fibroids since the age of 40. It's been such a long,hard journey. I just recently started passing clots. I heard about clots from other fibroid sufferers but only recently started passing them myself but none as big as my hand...yet. I went to my ob/gyn on the 14th and she feels a hysterectomy is the best treatment option for my fibroids. I have mixed feelings about a hysterectomy even though I am 51 years old and won't be having any children. Real talk something about a hysterectomy is embarrassing to me. Something about a hysterectomy and snorfleing a dog is the same to me. Also since I have so much shame surrounding a hysterectomy I'm reluctant to talk to anybody about it.
I so understand the mixed feelings about a hyster but I don't understand embarrassment. I have had so many problems for so long and most months my life comes to a stand still for 2 weeks every month. I can't wait. Its not that I want to have surgery but I want to get on with life and live again not just have a few good days a month. If you walk around for a day look at all the women you meet during the day and wonder to your self how many have had an hyster and who have not. No one knows for sure. You can look at me and tell how tired I am and run down. People ask me if I feel ok. I want to be one of the women that fell great when they get up again....
Unread 10-20-2011, 10:48 AM

I had clots for a long time before my hyster. That and the heavy bleeding caused by fibroids is why I got the hysterectomy about 3 month ago.

My dr also wanted to give me Lupron while we waited to do the hysterectomy but after I read about it I decided against it, and he agreed with that decision.

Do some reading on it before you decide. What scared me were the side effects, and the fact that it was an injection so you couldn;t justy stop taking it if the side effects were bad.

So we skipped that and went right to the LSH - it was the BEST decision I ever made!

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2011, 11:26 AM

You know, that's the same for me. I've always had some clotting, but small. Not the ginormous ones of late! I'll be thinking of you-good luck and thanks for sharing..
Unread 10-20-2011, 11:30 AM

I really don't like that list of side effects either- it describes Lupron as making your body go into temporary menopause. I hope menopause isn't that bad. I am waiting till Dec. because they want to do the DaVinci surgery. So is the Lupron going to work for the month and a half and is it worth it?
Unread 10-20-2011, 11:46 AM

If the iron level is still low (not as bad as it was 5). Do you think the Lupron would help in that I wouldn't have two or more periods before Dec. Are there any other suggestions to build iron up? I'm already taking iron tablets twice a day. Just curious....
Unread 10-20-2011, 02:27 PM

Ask your doctor about Lysteda.

I took it in the month before my surgery. Stopped all my bleeding like turning off a faucet and my iron went from a 7 to over a 10!
Unread 10-20-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingokitten View Post
I also have had golf ball to soft ball sized clots for the past few months. My dr said it was because of my uterine lining being so thick.

I became anemic because of that and heavy bleeding. If you start to notice your tired a lot, have trouble breathing when doing your normal activities or start wanting to chew on ice let your dr know so he/she can order a blood test to check your iron levels.

Good luck. I'm off to the castle on Tuesday, hope to see your doing better when I'm back.
Well good luck with your surgery sweetie. you will be glad to be rid of periods and bleeding.
Unread 10-20-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeBenedita View Post
Lately I've been passing blood clots during my period. Does anybody know what causes this and is it serious? I still have to get a sonogram so I can schedule my hysterectomy but this heavy bleeding and blood clots scare me. I saw my ob/gyn on Friday and something told me to go on and get a shot of that Lupron. What do you think?
I did the Lupron. 4 once a month shots of 3.75mg. I felt great on month 2. You have to get past the 1st month of headaches, but you really feel good by month 2 when taking in consideration all the pain and suffering you just went through for so long. It was the side effects that made me stop after the 4 shots. I had vision changes, weight changes, Thyroid and Adrenal glad changes, depression, mood swings, anxiety and the list goes on. My hot flashes were not too bad....... With all of this 10 weeks post my last shot I got my 1st period back. It was ok. The next 2 were horrible and I now have a scheduled surgery this December. I personally would not go down the Lupron road again. READ everything you can about it. It CAN, however, give you the relief you are looking for and it let's you know that if you don't have your ovaries what life could be like........ Good luck.
Unread 10-20-2011, 11:21 PM

You can also ask you dr about cyclokapron to stop the bleeding, that's what I took and had no side effects(I'm one of those people who if there's a side effect it will happen to me.). It stopped the bleeding for about 6 weeks within my first two doses(you take 2 pills 3 times a day for 5 days). Ask the dr about prescribing euro-fur it's an iron pill but has more elemental iron in it so you absorb more, the over the counter ones didn't work for me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register